|Papa San / My Story|
|Album:||My Story||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Add Date:||2012-05-26||Pull Date:||2012-07-29||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun|
|1.||Sun, 13 Oct 19:||Daniel of LJH|
Lift Jesus Higher, Pt 2
|4.||Sun, 07 Apr 19:||Daniel of LJH|
Lift Jesus Higher Pt 2
|2.||Sun, 06 Oct 19:||CC for Jesus|
ReJOYce In Jesus MInistries Presents 'Lift Jesus Higher!'
|5.||Sun, 28 Oct 18:||LJH Kesha|
Lift Jesus Higher Pt 2
|3.||Sun, 14 Apr 19:||LJH Kesha|
ReJOYce In Jesus Ministries presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|6.||Sun, 16 Sep 18:||CC for Jesus|
ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries presents, "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|Christian Reggae from the folks at Lift Jesus Higher.|
Papa San/My Story/Beloved Records|
If you like Reggae/Dancehall, you'll love this one. Think Shaggy, Marley, and most other greats in this genre, and you're getting close to Papa San. Papa San has great vocal control and can simply do so much with his voice and it shows in this album. A veteran in the industry his smooth productions coupled with his vocal abilities and his willingness to push the envelope and delve into topics that are both real and relevant to our lives makes this album one of my favorite of 2012, so far. Many tracks that made me want to start dancing and some even made me laugh. Fav Tracks: 3, 5, 9, 11, 14. No FCCs! By: Daniel of ReJOYce in Jesus Presents Lift Jesus Higher.
1) 3:29 - Med tempo. Instrumentation: Bass guitar covering kick of drum set making the sound real fat, flutes, synth/piano layers, and really nice vocal production. Classic reggae sound. Upbeat and with a catchy hook. Great intro song to this album.
2) 3:52 - Med slow tempo. Similar instrumentation, with higher pitched synth overlaying the chorus. Classic drums. Pretty sweet electric guitar solo at 2:13.
3) 3:50 - Slower tempo. Arpeggio Piano progressions carry the melody on this one, with other synth sounds creating a very peaceful vibe. Really like this one. Inspiring.
4) 3:35 - Marching style drums (with modulation), modulated flute sound, synth/orchestra style hits layered over the kick, heavy reverb on the instruments. Med tempo. Very dance-able (dance-hall) track.
5) 3:42 - Slower tempo. One of my favorite tracks on this great album; chime and basic piano sounds carry this. Autotuned vocals parts add a lot of flavor and the autotune isn't overpowering. Heavily truncated drums. Soft female vocals carry the chorus.
6) 3:34 - Med/Slow tempo. Electric guitar, bass guitar, and almost a jazzy style created by the snare-ladden drum style. Even a muted guitar sound adds some spice to this track.
7) 3:58 - Med/fast tempo. Interesting timing used here in the instrumentation; the hits (mostly in 3s), the patterns, make this sound stand out from the rest of the album.
8) 4:07 - Med tempo. Nice female vocals. Classic instrumentation. Even though you almost know what to expect with the instrumentation and composition, you still like how Papa San flips it and makes it work.
9) 4:22 - Another of my favorite tracks on here. Almost Marley-esque in it's sound and socially conscious lyrics. Slow tempo. Heavy on the synths (melody).
10) 3:41 - Med tempo. Synths and bass/kicks carry this sound, along with orchestra-style "hits." Nice musicial transitions and sparsely used autotune effects on the vocals. Also used sound effects to empahsize words (drip sounds, claps/snaps) that you'll have to listen closely to discern.
11) 3:53 - Nice duet featuring an artist from an entirely different genre (Nicole C. Mullen), but blend well together. Med/Slow tempo. Electric guitar "plucking" strum patterns, classic reggae sound. Upbeat and almost "happy" sound that really highlight the vocals of both artists.
12) 2:16 - Interlude with Papa San's daughter. Worshipful, and simple, slow tempo. Accoustic guitar. Really nice vocals. Almost sounds like a Jamie Grace song.
13) 3:38 - Med/Fast tempo. Classic Papa San sound. Another dance track.
14) 3:55 - My favorite track! Awesome and powerful vocals, these two artists killed this one. Slower tempo, and I love the balance in this production. Classic synth overlays, piano, drums, and bass guitar in the instrumentation.
15) 2:49 - Electronic sound and higher pitched "sine" sounds (almost flute like) carry this melody and make this track SLAP! Med/fast tempo.
16) 4:16 - Med/Slower tempo. Muted drums, pianos, electric guitar and synth sounds. Nice musical changes.