|Actress / R.I.P.|
|Label:||Honest Jon's Records|
|Add Date:||2012-05-12||Pull Date:||2012-07-15||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 8||Jun 24||Jun 17||Jun 10||Jun 3||May 27||May 20|
|1.||Jan 31, 2019:||deep storage + lnc |
The Lord's Graffiti
|4.||Jul 08, 2016:||The Anti-Guppo Boar Machine |
|2.||Nov 29, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|5.||May 06, 2016:||A Visit From Drum (Closers) |
|3.||Aug 18, 2016:||subwoofer etc |
|6.||Feb 24, 2016:||radio seven |
Abstract electronica. After Splazsh, Actress has crafted a follow-up record that is stunningly beautiful and overwhelmingly complex at the same time. A dozen of synthesizer layers interact in a semi-abstract unity with some structure and a lot of meaning. This album varies from the pulsating and upbeat hous tracks to weird, distorted interludes, and polyrhythmic experiments. Can't recommend this enough. Check it out if you like Kuedo, BNJMN, Zomby, Andy Stott or Tim Hecker.|
Try: 12, 15, 4, 6, 7, 8, 13
1) 1:17 Slowly oscillating distortion. Static waves.
2) 3:09 Distant pulse. Backwards distorted techno, very hushed.
3) 1:40 Electronic bubbles, techy house. Lots of timbre twists, extremely nuanced.
4) 4:42 * More driven. Rushed (sort of) hi-hat shimmers balancing on top of subtle bass stabs.
5) 2:28 Slow, polyrhythmic intermezzo. Lots of tension, every timbre pulling in a different direction.
6) 6:07 * Slow, warped and distorted. Like someone took at Villalobos track, got rid everything of the treble and recorded their kid playing piano on top of it. Wonderful.
7) 3:56 * Mid-tempo, now with a kick drum. Small synthesizer twitches and something that sounds like a heavily processed 'aaah' choir
8) 5:26 * Intense, loud, distorted. A single loop over and over with little sparkles of light synthesizers.
9) 4:09 Slow and wobbly. Sharp sounds and sawtooth synths.
10) 5:05 Somewhat light, rhythmic. Almost sunny and playful. Still those ominous hi-hats in the background.
11) 0:37 Slow, cryptic interlude.
12) 4:15 ** Cool, simple groove. Upbeat and bouncy, rattling percussion, subtle hints of a melody. Solid
13) 3:05 * Fast, bouncy. Great mix of semi-chaotic percussion and manipulated strings.
14) 5:28 Warped melody, backwards-sounding drums. Gradually evolving. Strange faded melody.
15) 5:42 ** Chaotic, glitch-y. Cut-up hints of a vocal line on top of a relentlessly pounding kick drum. Stunning.
|1.||R.I.P.||8.||Shadow From Tartarus|
|2.||Ascending||9.||Tree Of Knowledge|
|5.||Uriel's Back Harp||12.||Caves Of Paradise|
|6.||Jardin||13.||The Lord's Graffiti|