|Huoratron / Cryptocracy|
|Add Date:||2012-05-12||Pull Date:||2012-07-15||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||8 Jul||27 May|
|1.||Jul 07, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
|3.||May 24, 2012:||Modified Stanford Bubble Sort |
|2.||Jul 05, 2012:||Cognitive Dissonance |
Massively distorted electro. Cryptocracy is loud. Very loud. Think of Justice, Boyz Noise etc. and multiply by a power of two. Now you're getting there. I find it hard to imagine a situation where I would sit down and listen to this album front to back, but I'll admit that it has its merits if you want to kick things off with style. There is very little subtlety and a lot of distortion. Everything clocks in around the 5 minute mark, everything has a drop, and everything will test the range of the speakers in A. Give it a spin if you like Gatekeeper, Justice, or Boyz Noise. |
Try: 9, 7, 4
1) 5:04 45 second buildup. Aggressive, snappy. Tight and controlled with a BIG sound.
2) 5:16 Starts out loud and crunchy. Add acid keys (plus the drums from 'Work Them') and gradually gains steam.
3) 5:10 Borrows an idea or two from brostep, at least in the wobbly drop. Gritty, industrial, a slap in the face.
4) 5:50 * Simple loop gets overtaken by a slightly more acidic variation. Faster, more techno-inspired. Gets slightly more trance-y towards the end.
5) 5:19 Hard and horror-inspired. A quirky synthline, female vocals in the background and a heavy, heavy synthesizer stir-fry.
6) 4:49 Half-tempo dubstep! More flailing that the whole brostep gang. Slightly more sophisticated although the sound is as mean as ever.
7) 4:54 * Hard, fast. Cool contrast between snappy kick drum and the gritty synth notes. Lots of trippy layers and video game samples.
8) 5:17 Horror intro. Dives into a wobbly drop and an inferno of sawtooth synths. Hectic and stressful.
9) 5:11 * Abstract and psychedelic. All kinds of noises everywhere. Altering between a straightforward, pumping beat and semi-catchy main line.
10) 5:21 Bleeps an blops, lots of frequencies. Upbeat and lighter than the rest.
|1.||Cryptocracy||6.||Sea Of Meat|
|2.||New Wave Of Mutilation||7.||Top 1%|
|5.||Dungeons & Dungeons||10.||Unblinking Eyes|