|Songs For Snakes / Charcoal Heather|
|Artist:||Songs For Snakes||Added:||05/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-12-15||Pull Date:||2013-02-17|
|Week Ending:||10 Feb||3 Feb||13 Jan||6 Jan||23 Dec|
|1.||Feb 09, 2013:||Controlled Chaos |
|4.||Jan 08, 2013:||We're All Alright |
|2.||Feb 07, 2013:||The Show with T-Lex & Lolo |
|5.||Jan 05, 2013:||Feral Pop Frenzy |
|3.||Feb 02, 2013:||controlled chaos |
|6.||Dec 19, 2012:||Meow After Midnight |
|Guest DJ Account|
Songs for Snakes – Charcoal Heather|
An indie/pop/alternative punk band hailing from San Fransisco, this sophomore album is nothing revolutionary, but it sure is a solid punk album. At times melancholic and at times almost aggressive, this would be one that would be kickass live, but would still hold its own on a late night drive. Reminds me of like a Bad Religion/Descendents combo with a little splash of melancholy and maybe a splash more melody than the two bands mentioned. Good hooks, good guitar, good vocals, good album.
The whole album is pretty good, try 1,7,10, FCC’s detected: 6
1.*St. Mary: (3:31): Combo of punk-rock flattish vocals and hard hitting guitar chords; melodic rock-like chorus.
2. Sidewalk Rider:(2:32): Sounds like angst and indie punk. Fast tempo with powerful riffs
3. Charcoal Heather: (3:32): A single and the title song. Mid tempo, melodic, minor chords
4. Half Life: (2:27) Aggressive and intense, they show their post hardcore muscle
5. Thorazine Eyes: (3:01) Balance of raw punk vocals, and melancholy guitar. Slower pop/indie punk
6. The Most Documented Man: (2:11) Straightforward pop punk. One FCC
7. *L Terrible: ( 3:00) Catchy and hummable, midtempo, and gives a care-free upbeat vibe. “Who do I want to be, this time?”
8. Outdoor Kitty: (3:13): Headbanging good song, uptempo, would be cool to see live.
9. America’s Shiniest Objects: (2:29): Steady Guitar; focused on lead singers verses, feels heavy
10. *Mothball Fleet: (2:23): Vocals and chord progression blend so nicely together that it belongs in a movie about teenagers doing rebellious things. Break in the middle to an even better 2nd part.
11. F.E.A.R.: (4:15) Slower tempo song with simple guitar, sweet basslines and a soft touch to the vocals that makes this one uniqueish on the album
12. Get Small: (2:54) Another straightforward alternative punk song; slightly melancholic
|1.||St. Mary||7.||L Terrible|
|2.||Sidewalk Rider||8.||Outdoor Kitty|
|3.||Charcoal Heather||9.||America's Shiniest Objects|
|4.||Half Life||10.||Mothball Fleet|
|6.||The Most Documented Man||12.||Get Small|