|Evans The Death / Evans The Death|
|Album:||Evans The Death||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Evans The Death||Added:||05/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-06-16||Pull Date:||2012-08-19|
|Week Ending:||19 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun|
|1.||Dec 11, 2021:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Jan 02, 2013:||Meow After Midnight: The Best Of 2012 |
|2.||Jan 15, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of The Decade So Far (2010-2014)...The Sequel! |
|5.||Aug 18, 2012:||Feral Pop Frenzy |
A Small Child Punched Me In The Face, Threads
|3.||Jun 26, 2014:||fried egg |
Catch Your Cold, Bo Diddley
|6.||Aug 17, 2012:||Time Traveler |
I'm So Unclean
Evans the Death / “Evans the Death” / Slumberland Records|
Indie poppy rocky goodness. Female vocals, a bit airy, ranges from blase detached, to sweet hopeful/melancholy. In fact, some of the melodies are a bit standard, but the solid vocals make the band. Standard electric guitars, drums, rocky poppy feel, but again, epic vocals! I feel like I hear a British accent here and there? Sounds at times like a less diva-ish Florence and the Machine. Nice epic sound, could play any, favorites noted.
No FCCs detected
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8
1. * 2:09 Uptempo, vocals really grab you, catchy guitars. Sounded a bit like Nena (“99 Red Balloons”) at first.
2. 2:47 Mid/uptempo, poppy, standard.
3. * 3:08 Mid, electric guitars, vocals like a muted Florence & the Machine, epic moments. WARNING - sounds like it ends at 00:45 remaining, 5 sec gap, then comes back with some nice echoey strummed guitars - don’t cut it off early!
4. * 2:07 Sweetest vocals! Sound like they could go off tune at any moment, keeps you so engaged. Slow-mid, lovely.
5. 2:31 Midtempo, guitars, nice catchy chorus (slightly pained vocals).
6. * 3:36 Cleaned strummed guitars, starts slow, builds, nice chords, emotive voice, epic yearning.
7. 2:02 Uptempo, harder rock sound. This is the single apparently.
8. * 2:20 Lovely vocals take center stage, some harmony, over basic electric guitar. Builds a bit (unfortunately!), but still ends simple and sweet.
9. 2:18 Uptempo, same basic sound.
10. 2:00 Mid-uptempo, shows off impressive upper vocal range/control.
11. 2:46 Starts slow, then uptempo, slows again. Similar sound.
12. 2:27 Slow, blase borderline Mazzy Star-ish vocals, basic electric guitar strummed.
|2.||Catch Your Cold||8.||A Small Child Punched Me In The Face|
|3.||Sleeping Song/So Long||9.||I'm So Unclean|
|4.||Letter Of Complaint||10.||What's In Your Pocket?|
|5.||Telling Lies||11.||Wet Blanket|
|6.||Morning Voice||12.||You're Joking|