|Barfod, Tomas / Salton Sea|
|Artist:||Barfod, Tomas||Added:||May 2012|
|Label:||Friends Of Friends|
|Add Date:||2012-05-26||Pull Date:||2012-07-29||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 8||Jun 17||Jun 10||Jun 3|
|1.||Jul 07, 2012:||wobble window |
|4.||Jun 03, 2012:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
|2.||Jun 12, 2012:||Clubbing Zeal |
|5.||May 29, 2012:||Fresh Produce |
|3.||Jun 05, 2012:||Clubbing Zeal |
|6.||May 29, 2012:||Clubbing Zeal |
Organic tech house. Barfod’s first solo album under his own name mixes mechanical and industrial synthesizers with the pop sensitivity of a number of singers. It’s a fairly catchy affair for a straight up house albums, and the production is more than tight. Give this a spin if you like the more recent Royksopp releases or anything on Kompakt.|
Try: 11, 2, 9, 6, 7
1) 4:57 * Rolling arpeggios, thumping tech house. Hints of a slightly psychedelic sound.
2) 5:16 * Mellow, wobbly. Cute, manipulated in a sugary house sensation. I like it.
3) 4:30 Vocoder vocals, mechanical beats. “Everybody came to part,” apparently. Blissed out electronics.
4) 5:30 Dreamy and bouncy. Female vocals and metallic droplets.
5) 5:38 Cool tech house. Hints of a techno wobble, rushing hi-hats.
6) 5:05 * Excellent vocals, excellent beat. Very loose groove with plenty of percussion. Dreamy and whimsical.
7) 4:04 * Arpeggios everywhere! Free form instrumental jam with a somewhat chaotic landscape of percussion.
8) 5:48 House with pop sensitivity. Grandiose vocals and a big melody. Crunchy, distorted synthesizers.
9) 5:13 * Instrumental and acidic. Catchy, cool Röyksopp style melodies. Ice cool synthesizers neatly organized.
10) 6:56 Rolling tech house with faint ‘oooh’s. Alternates between dreamy and pumping. Goes harder towards the end.
11) 5:49 ** Slooow, gradually building. A couple of superb micro drops add extra layers, tension.
12) 5:14 Faster, more upbeat. Light synthesizers and processed vocals with a cool melody.
|2.||Broken Glass||8.||November Skies|
|3.||Came To Party||9.||Aether|
|4.||Till We Die||10.||Nighthawke|
|6.||Don't Understand||12.||Only Human|