|Watkins, Sara / Sun Midnight Sun|
|Album:||Sun Midnight Sun||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Watkins, Sara||Added:||Jun 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-07-08||Pull Date:||2012-09-09|
|Week Ending:||Sep 9||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22|
|1.||Sep 21, 2018:||Traditions |
Lock And Key, You're The One I Love, You And Me
|4.||Feb 05, 2013:||That's not Bluegrass |
I'm A Memory
|2.||Sep 08, 2015:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Take Up Your Spade
|5.||Sep 04, 2012:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Take Up Your Spade
|3.||Jul 23, 2013:||That's Not Bluegrass |
You And Me
|6.||Sep 02, 2012:||Sunny Side Up |
When It Pleases You
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Second solo effort from Watkins is a beautifully produced effort from Blake Mills (Billy Gibbons, Jesca Hoop), and spotlights Watkins stellar fiddle work and vocals. She began her career with legendary Nickel Creek (along w/ brother Sean and Chris Thile - at age eight!!!) so it’s got that bluegrass / country / Americana sound. Lots of strings, percussion, keys. Features Fiona Apple and Jackson Browne. Solid stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10.
1. (1:22) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. String tour-de-force w/ heavy beat and Big sound.
2. *(3:23) MId. Bright guitar and vibe, harmonizing, slight vocal echo.
3. *(1:45) Fast. Fiona Apple guests. Jamming mandolin?, guitar, fiddle, keys? w/ slight Eastern flair.
4. (6:50) Slow / Mid. Mellow crunchy elec. guitar, cool echoey beat.
5. (3:50) Slow / Mid. Heavy vibe w/ methodical beat, gets ethereal w/ keys.
6. *(3:56) Mid. Willie Nelson song. Handclap-like patter, great vocal, gets jamming, beautiful fiddle.
7. *(3:54) Slow / Mid. Beautiful waltz w/ harmonizing, great fiddle.
8. (3:21) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Nice, easy pace, great fiddle lead, percussion.
9. *(3:39) Mid. Nice vocal delivery, dreamy, gets upbeat w/ cool beat.
10. *(3:26) Slow / Mid. Understated banjo, harmonizing, mellow mood. Nice.
|1.||The Foothills||6.||I'm A Memory|
|2.||You And Me||7.||Impossible|
|3.||You're The One I Love||8.||The Accord|
|4.||When It Pleases You||9.||Lock And Key|
|5.||Be Where||10.||Take Up Your Spade|