|Tedeschi Trucks Band / Everybody's Talkin'|
|Artist:||Tedeschi Trucks Band||Added:||Jun 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-06-09||Pull Date:||2012-08-12|
|Week Ending:||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 17|
|1.||Jan 19, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from Jul 6, 2012) |
Wade In The Water
|4.||Jul 06, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Wade In The Water
|2.||Jul 27, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Learn How To Love
|5.||Jun 29, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
That Did It, Midnight In Harlem
|3.||Jul 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
That Did It
|6.||Jun 22, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Darling Be Home Soon
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Another stellar release, this one LIVE, from the southern rockin’ blues husband-wife duo Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks. Their band is absolutely Killer - keys, bass, horns, drums, backing vocals. Lots of sounds here - southern rock, blues, soul, r ‘n’ b, gospel. Solid stuff the whole way through. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: Every one.
1. (5:31) Mid. Song written by Fred Neil and immortalized by Harry Nilsson in ‘Midnight Cowboy’. Great version w/ backing vocals, horns and Tedeschi’s great voice.
2. (10:23) Slow / Mid. 3:00 raga intro, then beautiful old Allman Brothers song. Very mellow and soulful w/ nice airy guitar solo.
3. (9:27) Mid. Rockin’ w/ crunchy guitar and horns. Slower soulful phrases. Killer.
4. (12:53) Slow / Mid. Easy-going and soulful. Organ interlude at 9:15 remaining, then gets really jammin’ for a bit. Vocals return w/ 3:20 remaining.
5. (4:42) Mid. Classic Elmore James ‘Rollin’ And Tumblin’. Upbeat, kinda funky w/ keys, kick-ass Trucks guitar.
6. (10:25) Slow / Mid. Alternates between very quiet and introspective to rockin’ w/ crunchy guitar and big drums. Killer flute phrase.
7. (10:05) Slow / Mid. Classic Lovin’ Spoonful ‘Darling Be Home Soon’. Done sublime w/ nice trumpet solo, backing vocals, sparse guitar solo w/ big finish.
8. (7:59) Slow / Mid. Slow-burning SOULFUL blues w/ backing vocals. Big build-up w/ band, then Tedeschi comes back in, channeling Janis? Killer guitar, killer keys, killer bass. Fucking KILLER!! WOW!!
9. (15:32) Mid / Fast. Classic Stevie Wonder song ‘Uptight’. Nice treatment w/ horns, killer funky bass and keys, backing vocals, driving beat. Long jam session.
10. (11:06) Mid. Funky, bluesy, soulful strut. Mellow jamming w/ horn, bass, percussion. Mean guitar toward end w/ killer band.
11. (8:25) Slow / Mid. Classic spiritual ‘Wade In The Water’ attributed here to Sam Cooke. Very soulful, gospel vibe. Nice flute toward end.
|1.||Everybody's Talkin'||6.||Nobody's Free|
|2.||Midnight In Harlem||7.||Darling Be Home Soon|
|3.||Learn How To Love||8.||That Did It|
|4.||Bound For Glory||9.||Uptight|
|5.||Rollin' And Tumblin'||10.||Love Has Something Else To Say|
|11.||Wade In The Water|