Southern California sundrenched stoner music that falls somewhere between "wallpaper" and "pop." Second full-length release. There's no real substance to the "getting lost in yourself" styling. Unobjectionable, but also unoriginal.
No FCCs detected, but I found it hard to focus on the vocals, which are buried, echoed, and non-descript.
1. dn/free, instrumental, nearly 1 min. of ocean waves before synths show up, ends with wind/wave nonsense again
2. dn, echoed, hushed, barely present
3. dn(+), walking/loping bass and more buried vox
4. dn+, clapping as percussion (but unclear if recorded live), more active distortion in guitar and vox
5. med, entire mix thrown through a narrow mid-pass filter and then heavily distorted
6. med-, back to country walking bass (like #3) but now at a trot instead of an amble
7. med, instrumental, sorta like Yo La Tengo
8. dn+, some horse-like percussion and pleasant dreamy drifty synths
9. dn, major-key dirge? A poor man's Slowdive?
10. dn, plinky plunky guitar over more non-descript washes
11. dn(+), sounds like a Spiritualized outtake with an unintended drum machine