|Olekranon / Barbarians|
|Add Date:||2012-06-30||Pull Date:||2012-09-02||Charts:||Loud, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||26 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul|
|1.||Sep 22, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|4.||Aug 02, 2012:||minimum entropy iii |
|2.||Aug 29, 2012:||minimum entropy |
|5.||Aug 01, 2012:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Aug 22, 2012:||Thermonuclear Bar |
|6.||Jul 27, 2012:||maximum entropy |
Olekranon is a harsh, glacial noise drone project brought to us by Inam Records, who also grace the world with earshattering releases by Sujo. There’s more of a focus on atmosphere and harmony on this album—the doom metal influence is mostly gone, with all melodic sensibilities being replaced by massive walls of refrigerator noise. Occasional drum machine beats are just savage, monotonous ear torture that fits seamlessly within these fridge ballads. RIYL Nadja, Sujo, Sunn O))), Astarot|
1. Hovering crescendo of a single droning chord, fuzzy static joins in the fun and tastefully fucks shit up.
2. Subterranean synth drone, colder than outer space
3. Eerie audiohallucinatory clatter of echoing cymbal beats and swirls of frigid chords. Transdimensional implosion of the ether.
4. Scattered feedback loops quickly swallowed by a dense fog of brooding wintry chords, gradually collapsing into a fray of gentle chaos.
5. Melancholy drone interrupted halfway through with some harsh distorted percussion and white noise.