|Moholy-Nagy / Like Mirage|
|Label:||Temporary Residence Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2012-10-05||Pull Date:||2012-12-07|
|Week Ending:||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 06 Dec 12:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|4.||Thu, 29 Nov 12:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|2.||Sat, 01 Dec 12:||Rex|
The Base of A Dream is Empty
|5.||Wed, 21 Nov 12:||miss information|
|3.||Sat, 01 Dec 12:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|6.||Tue, 20 Nov 12:||Adam|
Moholy-Nagy, formed by three members of the Temporary Residence Ltd. band Tarentel, cultivate a lovely, skyward looking sound here that could be called avant-new-age. These songs have lots of synthesizers and often use bass guitar as a backbone. They’re pretty but experimental enough to feel fresh. Favorites: 2, 3, 5. No lyrics, no FCCs.
1. (4:55)—Slow and beatless. Opens with dreamy piano and keyboards. Bass enters and underpins the song as layers of synths build on one another.
2. *(5:06)—Medium-fast. Starts with distorted synths and a propulsive bass line. Very danceable post-punk drums enter around -2:45.
3. *(4:31)—Slow and beat-less. Plucked acoustic guitars begin the song. Bass and spacey guitar sounds enter later. Fadeout starts at -0:40.
4. (1:20)—Watery guitar sounds, with bass and drums in the far background.
5. *(6:01)—Particularly ambient. Piano and lots of serene synths.
6. (5:36)—Slow. Minimal bass and no drums. Lots of sound effects.
7. (2:53)—Mid-tempo. Sounds like 80s sci-fi music. John Maus fans will be happy.
8. (7:47)—Slow. Expansive and cosmic-sounding stuff, with piano, bass, drums, and synths all interwoven.
9. (4:14)—Slow. Wah-wah guitars and other new age sounds. As the title implies, music for walking on the moon.
10. (2:02)—Robotic sound effects, plucked acoustic guitars. Ends with heavily processed sounds.
|1.||Tears Of The Prophet||6.||Homeless Comet|
|2.||Brute Neighbors||7.||Migratory Birds|
|3.||Sunday Brunch||8.||Astronomy Is A Natural Science|