|Deadly Syndrome, The / All In Time|
|Album:||All In Time||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Deadly Syndrome, The||Added:||06/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-09-21||Pull Date:||2012-11-23|
|Week Ending:||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 31 Jul 15:||Francis D|
|4.||Fri, 22 Nov 13:||Francis D|
Time Traveler (w JFK Tribute)
|2.||Fri, 11 Jul 14:||Francis D|
|5.||Fri, 18 Oct 13:||Francis D|
|3.||Fri, 28 Feb 14:||Francis D|
|6.||Fri, 23 Aug 13:||Francis D|
“All in Time” The Deadly Syndrome|
Third CD from L.A.-based indie rockers. Blends rock, electro-acoustic and noise together to produce a solid release that should please fans and music critics alike. The closest reference I can provide is probably The Morning Benders on “Big Echo” — but even that isn’t quite it. Take a listen — DJs from a wide variety of genres will find something to like here.
Recommended: 2, 4,5, 6, 3 FCC on Track 1 (but I couldn’t hear it)
1. (3:44) Demons — Slow, noisy build-up into a pulsing, crashing indie rocker. Warning: FCC (according to the packaging — I couldn’t hear it)
2. (2:40) Spirit of the Stairs — Bright, up-tempo track with post-punk influences. Sounds like the Talking Heads. ****
3. (3:43) It’s a Mess — Electro-acoustic. Strummy at times, with noisy swells, building to a big ending, then high-pitched, noise fadeout. **
4. (4:23) Joseph Porter — Starts strummy with light, airy vocals and electronic effects like the beating of wings at times. Dream-like. ***
5. (2:51) Fine on your Own — Finger-picked guitar. Personal, melodic vocals. Stands apart from the rest of the CD. ***
6. (4:07) All in Time — Beautiful guitar work. Soaring, emotive vocals. Long, repetitive play-out of the title, layered with noise. **
7. (2:54) Heavy Foot — Discordant, circular guitar. Swells of noise.
8. (3:33) Whatever Comes our Way — Bells. Thumping drums. Roaring electric guitars. Hooky vocals. Noisy effects. Everything but the kitchen sink — oh wait, there’s the kitchen sink now…
9. (4:08) Maine — Distorted vocals. Big choruses with swelling guitars. Pounding drums and crashing cymbals.
10. (4:57) Won’t Be Me — Starts with feedback, then a noisy orchestra chord, then reverb-y, slightly processed vocals in a long, mournful track.
|1.||Demons||6.||All In Time|
|2.||Spirit Of The Stairs||7.||Heavy Foot|
|3.||It's A Mess||8.||Whatever Comes Our Way|
|5.||Fine On Your Own||10.||Won't Be Me|