|Ad.Lib & Silvision / Collide|
|Artist:||Ad.Lib & Silvision||Added:||07/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-08-12||Pull Date:||2012-10-14||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||19 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 27 Jun 13:||Grandma Rosenblatt|
|4.||Mon, 27 Aug 12:||Jack|
Subbing for News
|2.||Wed, 31 Oct 12:||Jack|
All Techno All the Time
|5.||Wed, 15 Aug 12:||O! Susana|
|3.||Wed, 29 Aug 12:||O! Susana|
Ad.lib & Silvision: Collide|
This is a debut techno EP from Ad.lib & Silvision of Zurich, Switzerland off Joachim Speith's excellent label Affin. The EP iss dark, cold, doesn't change much, and most tracks have a characteristic pounding beat. I hesitate to call it "minimal" because "minimal techno" is a fashion. There is a lot of noodling around with electroacoustic noise textures & static, it's kind of raw & skeletal if anything. The strongest tracks are 1, 4, and 5.
1. Steady and solid heavy deep pounding of beats for a very basic rhythmic framework. Some electroacoustic noises but not too much else, just a good beat.
2. Remix of #1 that has signature heavy beats but more swirly effects, a lot of crispy staticky layers of noise
3. Another remix of #1 that is more techno-y and layered with analog blurps
4. Spooky swirly synths over a minimal tech-house framework, kind of cold but has a nice relaxed feel with the gentle synth tones
5. Meaty beats, a more powerful sound. Lots of textured crackles and abrasive grinding sound providing some percussive layers.
|1.||Collide||3.||Collide - Advanced Human Mix|
|2.||Collide - Jeroen Search Mix||4.||Path 1|