|Jjamz / Suicide Pact|
|Add Date:||2012-08-12||Pull Date:||2012-10-14|
|Week Ending:||23 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 20 Sep 12:||Blackadder|
|4.||Thu, 16 Aug 12:||Blackadder|
|2.||Thu, 23 Aug 12:||Alexander Stork|
|5.||Sun, 05 Aug 12:||DJ Underbelly|
Flipping Through Time
|3.||Fri, 17 Aug 12:||Francis D|
Reviewed by Underbelly
Indie glam pop from LA with an awesome female vocalist. Super slick production and some great singles. Not super original, but what they do they do well. Kinda reminds me of Taylor Swift at times. However, the album's second half kinda falls flat. Read on.
No FCCs. Recommended: 1, 2, 4, 5.
1. MGMT sounding guitar intro followed some great vocals by Z Berg. Awesome track, play this.
2. Summery sounding pop that reminds me of Taylor Swift a ton. The chorus on this song is breathtaking. How is this not on top 40? KZSU needs to break this track. PLAY THIS.
3. Electro sounding drums with great beat but I feel the chorus doesn't really work on this one. Awkward.
4. Some studio chatter followed by a kickass drum beat and some heavy pounding guitar chords. Gets your head nodding, play this track.
5. Pretty catchy chorus, but I'm not sure it saves the rest of the song. Somewhat too repetitive, even for pop. Still worth a play though.
6. Lyrics about a summery carefree day in LA. The female vocalist does a duet with a male vocalist. Male vocalist pisses me off though.
7. More of the male vocalist that has nothing on Z Berg. Annoys me. Skip this one.
8. Slower, more subdued track. Soft, beautiful vocals. Kicks it up for the chorus though. Pretty cool.
9. More upbeat than the last track. Kinda salsa-y even. Still, unremarkable.
10. Slow, echo-y guitar tone a la OK Computer. Sultry, sexy vocals. Kinda Pink Floyd-y even. Pretty cool, nice subdued closer to the album.
|1.||Get What You Want||6.||Lax|
|2.||Suicide Pact||7.||Cleverly Disguised|
|4.||Square One||9.||You Were My Home|
|5.||Never Enough||10.||Can I Change My Mind|