|Add Date:||2013-01-12|| ||Pull Date:||2013-03-17|| |
|Week Ending:||10 Mar||3 Mar||24 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan|
Artist: Ash Reiter Album: Hola|
Genre: Indie Folk Rock
A four piece band of Ash Reiter and her tight-knit friends – guitarist Drew Brown, bassist Scott Brown, and drummer/vocalist Will Halsey. They pull emotions of love and loss, shame and laughter all together into a set of ten carefully crafted songs. They also did a great job in making the flow of music smooth, which makes this album a delicate and intriguing work.
1. (3.02)- reminiscent, cheerful, female choral vox, British Invasion, family-inspired, written when Ash’s mother suggested turning an embarrassing moment her younger sister experienced into a song
2. (2.31)- soothing, yearning, old-school tone of vox, bittersweet interlude, California history lesson of the noted Native American “Ishi”
3. (2.59)- plain, cordial, sprawling, absent-minded vox, simple, westward migration tale, reflect Ash’s time teaching second graders in Oakland
4. (4.30)- emotional, old-times with your buddy, changes tempo in the middle of the song, woozy effects for the last 30 sec.
*5. (3.03)- sparse, hauntingly beautiful, slow tempo, delicate vox, holding down the emotional folk element, sensitive and poetic
*6. (4.08)- with organ, sweet blend of lovely background vocals and Ash’s ingenuous vox tone
7. (2.06)- slow-tempo, lovely melody
8. (4.14)- slow tempo, picturesque outdoor festival celebration
*9. (3.26)- melancholic, bittersweet, brilliant !, a forgiving message to a friend, delicate vox
10. (2.51)- touches of Talking Heads’ playful polyrhythms