|Gilded / Terrane|
|Add Date:||2012-10-14||Pull Date:||2012-12-16|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct|
|1.||Jan 10, 2013:||The Sunset Life (2012 in Review) |
|4.||Dec 09, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Jan 03, 2013:||Top 100 Albums of 2012 |
|5.||Dec 09, 2012:||The Mongrel's Stoop |
|3.||Dec 13, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
|6.||Dec 06, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
Ambient/post-rock/soundtrack to an imaginary film|
An evocative, stunningly beautiful, fully-fledged debut from this Australian duo. With their space-conscious fusion of classical, jazz, and ambient styles, these songs could fit well on a late Talk Talk recording. Hidden Shoal rides again. Favorites: 2, 4, 7, 8. No lyrics, no FCCs.
1. (5:17)—Piano, field recordings, quickly bowed cello, cymbals. Grows in intensity.
2. *(4:58)—Mid-tempo. Suspenseful drumbeat, machine sounds, drones. Later on, bass guitar and some stringed instrument. Like exploring an abandoned subway system.
3. (5:22)—Slow, dreamy piano. Bowed cello and deep drones. Cymbals keep time. At -3:00, the beat drops off and all the instruments play freely.
4. (4:24)—Plucked guitar, glitch-y field recordings, and warm drones. Music for an experimental Western.
5. *(4:38)—Mid-tempo. Two pianos and a clicking rhythm. Music for walking through forested neighborhoods at night.
6. (1:40)—Piano, vinyl noise, bowed strings.
7. *(4:53)—Mid-tempo. Cymbals, strings, acoustic guitar, drones. More music that would be perfect for an atmospheric cowboy movie.
8. *(7:41)—Free tempo drumming in the background. Drones, piano, field recordings. Wordless, incantatory vocals.
9. (7:04)—Drones and bass guitar start the song. Water sounds and light bell-like percussion enter two minutes in. The drones that begin the song eventually drop out, leaving a space populated with field recordings and quieter drones.
|2.||String & Stone||6.||Straight Crest|
|3.||Dew Cloud||7.||Cluttered Room|