|West Of Eden / Safe Crossing|
|Artist:||West Of Eden||Added:||10/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-10-05||Pull Date:||2012-12-07||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 Nov|
|1.||Feb 16, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
|2.||Nov 18, 2012:||The Mongrel's Stoop |
Powerful blend of Celtic rock & folk, this time with a seafaring air featuring tight harmonies on both vocals and instrumental arrangements. This release focuses on the stories of the people of Cornwall and the Scilly Islands. Wonderful flutes, strings, perc. But the real star is the deliciously clear & sweet vocals of Jenny Schaub. Every track is worth a play. Good notes as well. |
*1. Down/midtempo shanty with sweetly warm vocal duet.
*2. Schaub’s vocals lead in this lightly midtempo tune.
3. Folk tune featuring male vocals, acoustic guitar, gets driving.
4. Slow and sweet, full of love and longing.
*5. Strong song of deporting prisoners to Australia. Midtempo.
6. Fragile, slow, dreamy. Picks up a bit. Good fiddle solos.
*7. Slow but picks up in drama and power. Driving by the end.
8. A lost at sea ballad, lovely piping on this one.
*9. Warm, mid/up song of fear and loss on the seas. So good.
10. Slow, sad, with lovely fiddling and good work from the band.
*11. Midtempo w/a more modern sound, kicking Celtic rock.
*12. Medley of dances. Starts slow and then really gets going.
13. Downtempo w/a lovely arrangement of vocals & strings.
|1.||Haul Away||7.||13 Knots|
|2.||Oh She Goes||8.||Send Me A Wreck|
|3.||Safe Crossing||9.||Coffin Ship|
|5.||Lee Ho||11.||Bishop Rock|
|6.||Green Fields Of Clover/The Homecoming||12.||The Scilly Set|
|13.||Waiting For The Storm|