|Dylan, Bob / Tempest|
|Artist:||Dylan, Bob||Added:||Oct 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-10-21||Pull Date:||2012-12-23|
|Week Ending:||Dec 23||Dec 16||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11||Nov 4|
|1.||Jun 08, 2017:||Emergency Crew - 4 Alternative Energy |
|4.||Dec 26, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Roll On John
|2.||Jun 27, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Dec 13, 2013:||Eclectic Erudition Sub shift for Featherweight |
Roll On John
|3.||Mar 28, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
Roll On John, Narrow Way
|6.||Nov 22, 2013:||Time Traveler (w JFK Tribute) |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Tempest marks Bob Dylan’s 35th studio album and 50 years releasing albums. And if you thought he was outdated or washed-up or dead, then keep reading. Starting in 1997 with Time Out Of Mind, he has released several albums, all of them rivaling his best works ever. On Tempest, Dylan tells tales of violence, suicide and murder, but also of sweet love and humor. It culminates with a 14-minute story-song about the sinking of the Titanic (!!) and a beautiful tear-jerker tribute song to his old friend John Lennon. The album is, of course, peppered with great lyrics. Backing Dylan is his tight touring band as well as David Hidalgo on occasional accordion. The sound continues the vibe on his recent albums - a unique blend of jazz, country, blues, zydeco, rock. Tempest finds Dylan as relevant, challenging, changing and memorable as ever. Enjoy this fine album. RIYL: Bob Dylan. RIYDon’tL: Bob Dylan. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (5:44) Mid. Circus jazz intro, then catchy, upbeat romp.
2. (3:28) Slow / Mid. Tender vocal delivery w/ plodding beat, beautiful.
3. (7:28) Mid / Fast. Rockin’ w/ a blues vibe, growlin’ Bob.
4. (3:47) Slow / Mid. Easy-going lope, really nice.
5. (5:10) Mid. Bob in classic growl, steady rockin’ beat.
6. (7:17) Slow / Mid. Ominous vibe w/ banjo, violin. Something’s deeply troubling in this town.
7. (5:14) Mid. Dylan takes ‘Mannish Boy’ adds an accordion and it’s a rockin’ bluesy zydeco number. Very cool.
8. (9:05) Slow / Mid. Sinister bass, plodding beat, hypnotic. Heavy story-song ending in bloodshed.
9 (13:55) Mid. Has an ‘old country’ vibe, befitting a song about the Titanic, w/ a beautiful violin. An epic masterpiece.
10. (7:26) Slow / Mid. Two masterpieces on one album? Damn straight. It’s for John Lennon, incorporating some Beatles lyrics. Sad and beautiful.
|1.||Duquesne Whistle||6.||Scarlet Town|
|2.||Soon After Midnight||7.||Early Roman Kings|
|3.||Narrow Way||8.||Tin Angel|
|4.||Long And Wasted Years||9.||Tempest|
|5.||Pay In Blood||10.||Roll On John|