Jurek Przezdziecki: Full Tone EP Label: Affin
My only issue as a radio DJ is: How the hell am I going to pronounce his last name on the air? I guess I'll have to go with "Jurek P". As for the EP itself? It's really quite fun, a lot of wacky & unconventional but highly entertaining electronics over some good house beats! The best tracks are #1 (End of June) and #3 (Sinfonietta), and #2 (Adam Marshall's remix of End of June) is also quite good.
1. Funky deep-house with a catchy bassline and cheery little loops. Tasty fun.
2. Drier and crispier remix of #1 where congas and other percussion feature prominently. The bassline is removed from the original and replaced with punchy beats.
3. Super-punchy kickin' drums here! The breaks are accentuated with huge synth chords. I can feel the air swooshing from the hard-hitting beats. I love this track down to the little analog effects.
4. Wild and wacky with lots of nervy warbles and effects and a really space-y theatrical sci-fi organ. Weird and yet fun at the same time.
5. Really spacey and loopy synths with a bumpin' house tempo. It's an unconventional house track but highly entertaining.