|How To Dress Well / Total Loss|
|Artist:||How To Dress Well||Added:||10/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-12-01||Pull Date:||2013-02-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||6 Jan||16 Dec||9 Dec|
|1.||Feb 12, 2016:||A Visit From Drum (Valentine's) |
& It Was U
|4.||Feb 07, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||May 24, 2014:||Down the Rabbit Hole |
Set It Right
|5.||Feb 02, 2013:||Everything 2.0 |
|3.||Jun 04, 2013:||Heyyy Moon Buddy |
& It Was U
|6.||Jan 31, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
World I Need You, Won't Be Without You
Pretty indie r’n’b. After Tom Krell’s debut album as How To Dress Well blew up massively, he is now back with a somewhat more mature follow-up. This album feels less DIY and more well-rounded. This is a beautiful pop record, hands down. Krell’s falsetto is still spot on, and the productions here are achingly beautiful. Give this a spin if you like Active Child, Perfume Genius, and Purity Ring.|
Try: 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10 FCC: 3
1) 3:22 * Pretty pretty music. Breathless beauty, extremely fragile. Falsetto and piano all the way.
2) 3:39 * Dark and introverted. A strange mix of Nelly Furtado and The Weekend. But oh my is it beautiful.
3) 4:29 FCC: f**king Spoken word intro. Reich-ish keys, bouncy bass line, and echo-y vocals. A cappella outro.
4) 3:17 R’n’b feel, extremely sparse and funky. Somewhat 90s-inspired, which makes everything slightly less exciting for some reason.
5) 3:06 Sparse, upbeat, and funky. Vocal-driven with plenty of percussion in the background. Dramatic backing vocals.
6) 2:52 * Pretty, instrumental. Strings and drama for everyone. Cutesy Disney climax.
7) 4:29 * Slight return to 1, but this time it’s more electronic. Bigger drums, more keys, more fun. Great suff.
8) 5:03 Fragile falsetto, hushed feel. Drums and vocals all over this one. Slow and beautiful.
9) 4:18 * Strings for everybody! A solemn pop song. Slow, dark, and moody, yet strangely uplifting. Possibly my favorite voals on here.
10) 4:48 * Heavy electronics, more beautiful vocals. Dramatic and pretty.
11) 3:13 Quiet piano pop. Manipulated vocals and all a dense soundscape towards the end.
|1.||When I Was In Trouble||6.||World I Need You, Won't Be Without You|
|3.||Say My Name Or Say Whatever||8.||How Many?|
|4.||Running Back||9.||Talking To You|
|5.||& It Was U||10.||Set It Right|
|11.||Ocean Floor For Everything|