|Akke Phallus Duo / Terroir / Pissoir|
|Album:||Terroir / Pissoir||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Akke Phallus Duo||Added:||11/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-11-18||Pull Date:||2013-01-20||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov|
|1.||Wed, 12 Dec 12:||Lestrygonian|
|4.||Tue, 27 Nov 12:||Adam|
|2.||Tue, 11 Dec 12:||Adam|
|5.||Sun, 25 Nov 12:||awyeh|
late night dryer
|3.||Thu, 29 Nov 12:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|6.||Tue, 20 Nov 12:||Adam|
Have you ever had one of those nights when you don’t really remember falling asleep? Akke Phallus Duo’s “Terroir / Pissoir” is the musical equivalent of those fucking birds outside your window that remind you it’s already morning, and you’ve missed your chance to restore some sanity for the upcoming day. But instead of waking into the real world of structure and responsibility, it’s a fantastically awkward, disturbing experience that plunges you into unpredictable realms of irrationality. It’s an endearing and bizarre collaboration between Chora’s Ben Morris and Jon Marshall of The Hunter Gracchus and the Singing Knives label, each exchanging recordings of noisy improvised jams on self-designed instruments until an optimally incoherent collage was achieved. RIYL Tuusanuuskat, Crystal Methodists, listening to secret Al Qaeda transmissions and whale calls underwater.|
1. (11:59) Broken dial-up connections and underwater voodoo rituals. Hollow, introspective chaos.
2. (0:57) bleating, whirring, yet somehow subtle noise onslaught.
3. (6:58) psychotic bird chirping, broken guitars, hallucinating in a bazaar while the CIA tortures you with transcranial stimulation
4. (1:04) aptly titled “pipes”—bouncing, clanging echoes descending into the darkness. “Fool of a Took!”
5. (3:33) demented wailing from a minaret while the noisepocalypse rages all around. An industrial intifada against the mind.
6. (6:41) dull thudding, menacing rumbling, collage of tape hiss and distortion
7. (3:08) harsh screeching, looping gurgling assault on the ears
8. (7:39) loops of static over some esoteric tribal mountaintop chants
|1.||Futhorics Meat Contorts||5.||Bid'ah|
|2.||Gut-Macs||6.||Bacchus Frolicking In The Snow|