|No Regular Play / Endangered Species|
|Artist:||No Regular Play||Added:||12/2012|
|Label:||Wolf & Lamb|
|Add Date:||2012-12-01||Pull Date:||2013-02-03||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||9 Dec|
|1.||Jun 13, 2013:||VOLCANO RADIO: THE FINAL SHAZAM |
Card Game, Wont Quit
|4.||Jan 29, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|2.||Mar 02, 2013:||Flipping Through Time |
Never Had Enough
|5.||Jan 22, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|3.||Feb 23, 2013:||Flipping Through Time |
Never Had Enough
|6.||Jan 19, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
Groovy, sleazy house. The newest kids in the Wolf + Lamb pack are here with their debut album. No Regular Play follow the usual W+L recipe with lots of sleazy grooves, soft vocals, and an impressive sense of how to be funky while remaining calm and cool. Give this a spin if you like W+L, Soul Clap, or pretty much any other act in the family.|
Try: 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 1 FCC: 6
1) 2:51 Quiet opener. Builds with layers of horns, piano, distant synths, and heavily manipulated vocals.
2) 5:21 * Tight and bouncy. “I won’t quit!” refrain on top of all kinds of synths. Alternates between a tight and bouncy feel and a spaced-out cosmic vibe.
3) 5:55 More straightforward, house-inspired. Bouncy bass line with vocoder vocals and a tight percussion section.
4) 3:36 Relaxed vibe. Laid back synths and vocals with a very loose feel. Cozy and easy going.
5) 4:20 * Bedroom jazzy vibe. Slow and sleazy all the way. Soft keys, soothing vocals, distant horn samples.
6) 5:00 FCC: f**ked Hip hop? That’s a bit of a surprise. Starts out very stripped down with rap and not much else. Gradually loosens up with more synths and horns. Turns into another sleazy jam after 3 minutes.It just works.
7) 6:16 * Laid back and groovy. Typical Wolf + Lamb jamb, lots of sleazy synths, super soothing vocals and a simple yet effective groove.
8) 6:01 * Weird. Repetitive synth loops, electronic blips and blops, vocal snippets.
9) 7:02 * Straightforward, pulsating groove. Extremely tight and funky like crazy.
10) 4:29 * Bouncy feel, synth swoops and cool horns. Great stuff all around.
11) 1:01 Brief outro. Not much to do here.
|2.||Wont Quit||7.||El Dorado|
|3.||Endangered Species||8.||The Answer|
|5.||Never Had Enough||10.||Keep It Right|
|11.||Where They Lay|