If you couldn’t get enough Oren Ambarchi, here’s another stellar collaboration, this one with noise artist Robin Fox. The album is a result of the pair being commissioned to compose a soundtrack for a contemporary dance company in Australia. I honestly don’t see how anyone could dance to this, but I guess if people have to flail their limbs around to something, this is way better than frat party shit. These are lovely looping motifs that seep into your cortex and soothe all sorts of spiritual angsts you’d forgotten about. Ambarchi plays more pedals than guitar, so get ready to hear some unimaginably bizarre soundscapes. RIYL Richard Pinhas & Merzbow, Thomas Dimuzio
1. (9:03) Blipping kaleidoscopic bliss, subtle layers of noise with pretty harmonic shimmering
2. (8:07)* desolate guitar drone
3. (8:47) sounds like a hearing test at first, just a quiet hovering electronic tone, eventually drones out into something more substantial, but the note remains the same.
4. (5:52) static insect buzzing, guitar amplifier explosions
5. (5:59) bliss-out ambience. sounds like Jefre Cantu-Ledesma in outer space.