|Wonder Revolution, The / Firefly|
|Artist:||Wonder Revolution, The||Added:||01/2013|
|Add Date:||2013-03-24||Pull Date:||2013-05-27|
|Week Ending:||28 Apr||21 Apr||14 Apr||7 Apr||31 Mar|
|1.||Apr 21, 2013:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
|4.||Apr 13, 2013:||The Base of A Dream Is Empty |
|2.||Apr 17, 2013:||Girls Rule |
|5.||Apr 10, 2013:||Gurlz RuLe |
Here We Are
|3.||Apr 17, 2013:||Green Copper Radio |
invisible until... / Two Birds (Blue And Orange)
|6.||Apr 02, 2013:||Pumping Tires |
The Wonder Revolution|
Air House Records
Reviewed by Underbelly
Dreamy post-rock from Wichita, Kansas. Wondermusic: music made with a sense of wonder. Gorgeous ambience and guitar-work, but as with a lot of post-rock, it can get a little sappy.
Recommended: 2, 7, 8, 11
1. Summery acoustic guitar lullaby gingerly strokes your cheeks with the tenderness of a loving mother.
*2. Shit just got post-rock, man. Epic distorted guitars with an awesome female vocalist, a beautiful siren cooing in the moonlight; switches to ambient breakdown midway; a journey across space-time.
3. More acoustic strummery; guitar lead with just a scintilla of distortion; cosmic angels beckon towards a sugary blissitude. Track title is chanted a few too many times.
4. Sprites dance between woodland trees as a mysterious guitarsman is joined by enchanted lady-beings, describing layers upon layers of miracles. Man, these guys really have an affinity for repeating their track titles.
5. Tinged melancholia bleeding from the tortured heart of the Wonder Revolution. Sad, sad, guitar strummery. More breathy female vocals.
6. Again with the sad acoustic strummery. Like, enough already. We get it, you're sad. Get over yourself.
*7. Drone emanating from the hum of the space-refrigerator. More whispering sprites in the surrounding woodland. Pretty rad.
* 8. Moar sad strummery and this sad dude breathing "its always there" down my back like fifty times. Slowly grows into a crescendo of warm nirvana: like rising up into the heavens to meet the Buddha.
9. A lonely single parent plays acoustic guitar on the grass while he watches his retarded hemophiliac baby play on the swings. Unremarkable.
10. Back to the summery lullaby sad party music. Gorgeous vocals. More title mantras. Shimmering drums come in on 2:30 mark; even got some distortion up in here. Epic let's-take-you-on-a-journey synths.
*11. Ambient reverse tape guitar lusciousness. The beach in the distance. Really, really nice.
|2.||Firefly||7.||Was That A Star?|
|3.||Here We Are||8.||The Current|
|4.||Layers Of Miracles||9.||A Pond Of Daimonds|
|11.||Two Birds (Blue And Orange)|