|Psychic Ills / One Track Mind|
|Album:||One Track Mind||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Psychic Ills||Added:||Feb 2013|
|Label:||Sacred Bones Records|
|Add Date:||2013-08-18||Pull Date:||2013-10-20|
|Week Ending:||Oct 20||Oct 13||Oct 6||Sep 29||Sep 1||Aug 25|
|1.||Jul 06, 2017:||moodswings |
|4.||Oct 19, 2013:||dryer |
|2.||May 17, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Tried To Find It
|5.||Oct 12, 2013:||Music Casserole |
One More Time
|3.||Apr 30, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|6.||Oct 03, 2013:||maximum entropy |
See You There
Dusty, mellowed out, reverby psych rock. They’re going for that eyes half open on the dark, dusty, winding, back road car ride blazed kinda vibe and all the songs play the part. It can get a little monotonous as a full album but maybe that’s the point. |
Give any track a try alongside Moon Duo, Crystal Stilts, lots of cuts off that Moon Glyph comp on the A file a while back (Opal Vol. 1), or even JAMC.
No FCCs detected.
*1. (3:42) Way chilled out vocals, repetitive guitar. Sit back, enjoy, get comfy in that car seat.
*2. (5:03) Spacey, soaring crescendo after crescendo.
3. (3:45) A muted rocker with the same apathetic vocals. Some interesting moments of backing vocals.
**4. (3:23) Heavy fuzz bass, melancholy and bit haunting.
5. (5:19) Slow, hesitant clean guitar notes over a background of strummed fuzz. Then vocals come in with droning organ notes. Now you’re really settled into your seat.
** 6. (3:33) A beat that’s easy to catch and a little sexy - a solid feel of tumbleweeds and dusty roads.
7. (4:20) More upbeat, the vocals become more urgent here. Predictably spacey licking interludes. Doesn’t quite fit with the feel of the rest.
8. (4:02) Acoustic guitar, a lil’ maraca, and some harmonica draws.
*9. (4:57) No vocals, starts with a few seconds of warbly turntable noise and then holds to the same steady melody with spacey meanderings washing in and out.
10. (5:25) Repetitive reverby slow guitar strums pace this one along, vocals drop out and it takes off a bit to the end.
11. (3:52) This is the most poppy track, but the vocals are still heavy with monotone apathy.
|1.||One More Time||6.||Fbi|
|2.||See You There||7.||I Get By|
|3.||Might Take A While||8.||City Sun|
|5.||Tried To Find It||10.||Drop Out|