|Charan-Po-Rantan / Tagai No Kagiana|
|Album:||Tagai No Kagiana||Collection:||General|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2014-06-27||Pull Date:||2014-08-29|
|Week Ending:||31 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||13 Jul|
|1.||Aug 24, 2014:||Pentagonal Banana |
Koi Ha Moumoku
|4.||Jul 12, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Aug 02, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Saigo No Jun Tokkyuu
|5.||Jul 11, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|3.||Jul 24, 2014:||Binders Full of Sopranos |
|6.||Jul 10, 2014:||Binders Full of Sopranos |
Quirky Japanese Pop. Duo, sisters Momo (vocals) and Koharu (accordion, chorus). Group name is a wordplay of “charan-poran” which means sloppy or irresponsible. Songs, a “melting pot of chanson, Gypsy music, and Japanese pop from the 50s/60s,” have charm, dramatic flair. Shades of Gogol Bordello (if they weren’t a rock band). In Japanese, so No FCCs Detected but no promises. Play any. My faves: 2,5 ~eme o.|
1. Kagiana (a capella) (1:03) Sweet breathy voice. Slow tango rhythm.
2. Saite Na Onna (3:32) Voice, accordion, clarinet. Pings back and forth between slow moody Parisian cafe music and fast gypsy dancing tune.
3. Yukidoke (3:56) Accordion, voice, glockenspiel, cello. Slow to mid gypsy tune. Delicate, energetic.
4. Hakaba Made Goissho Ni (3:33) Accordion, percussion, voice. Bright sound. All elements present here: 60s pop, chanson, hectic gypsy. Rhythm careens from slow to mid to fast.
5. Koi Ha Moumoku (2:41) Accordion, drums, bass, keyboard, “trash words” (word salad). Mid-tempo, swaying rhythm. One could waltz to this.
6. Saigo No Jun Tokkyuu (3:53) Accordion, drums, bass, violins. Starts off with spoken words, then jumps into a bouncing fast tune. Song fades to silence ~2:15. Then returns quietly, pensive violin, whispery voice.
7. Tabidachi No Uta (4:22) Accordion, voice, chorus. Like a lullaby.
8. Kagiana (accordion) (1:26) Jaunty accordion solo.
|1.||Kagiana (A Cappella)||5.||Koi Ha Moumoku|
|2.||Saite Na Onna||6.||Saigo No Jun Tokkyuu|
|3.||Yukidoke||7.||Tabidachi No Uta|
|4.||Hakaba Made Goissho Ni||8.||Kagiana (Accordion)|