|Bradley, Charles / Victim Of Love|
|Album:||Victim Of Love||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2013-04-21||Pull Date:||2013-06-23|
|Week Ending:||23 Jun||16 Jun||2 Jun||19 May||12 May||5 May||28 Apr|
|1.||Tue, 17 May 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|4.||Mon, 10 Jun 13:||Shineymic|
no way to say
|2.||Sat, 22 Jun 13:||Hervey Okkles, An Adequate Sub|
Training the Fixities of the Balance Beam, by Nanchester Rutt
|5.||Thu, 30 May 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|3.||Wed, 12 Jun 13:||Mayjahn|
|6.||Thu, 16 May 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
Charles Bradley is 64, and this is his second album. Here the “Screaming Eagle of Soul” focuses on love songs, mostly moving away from the social and personal themes that gave his debut much of its cathartic gravity. Still, the backing of the Menahan Street Band and Bradley’s devastating vocal delivery make this a powerful set of performances. Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 7. No FCCs.
1. *(3:43)—Slow, funky, sunny, longing. “Let’s go somewhere / where I don’t care.”
2. (3:49)—Mid-tempo, bouncy, swinging, joyful. “All I need is you.”
3. *(3:59)—Really slow, nocturnal, sad, overflowing with reverb.
4. *(3:29)—Slow acoustic guitar, shaker, reverb-heavy background group vocals. Bradley’s in pain. Some real screaming here.
5. (3:00)—Slow, funky, spy movie sound. Sort of silly but fun.
6. (3:21)—Medium-slow instrumental. What a fantastically melancholy funk (in both senses of the word).
7. *(3:45)—Mid-tempo. Really trippy intro. Gnarly bass, lots of echo. Kind of a space-noir feel.
8. (3:11)—Medium-slow. Retains a bit of the spaced-out sound from the previous track.
9. (3:55)—Medium-slow, lush, bluesy, bombastic, tear-jerking ballad.
10. (3:32)—Slow, funky, and crisp. Handclaps and prominent backing vocals.
11. (4:42)—Slow, driving. Shimmering electric guitar and fingerpicked acoustic.
|1.||Strictly Reserved For You||6.||Dusty Blue|
|2.||You Put The Flame On It||7.||Confusion|
|3.||Let Love Stand A Chance||8.||Where Do We Go From Here|
|4.||Victim Of Love||9.||Crying In The Chapel|
|5.||Love Bug Blues||10.||Hurricane|
|11.||Through The Storm|