|Dub Gabriel / Raggabass|
|Add Date:||2013-03-24||Pull Date:||2013-05-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||26 May||28 Apr||7 Apr|
|1.||Aug 11, 2013:||New World Disorder |
No Lies (Liquid Stranger Tactile Evasion Remix)
|3.||Apr 23, 2013:||Sunshine . . . on an (almost) Full Moon Afternoon! |
Is This Revolution? (Jack Dangers Colonial Dub Remix)
|2.||May 22, 2013:||Green Copper Radio |
Vibes Feat. Jahdan Blakkamoore
|4.||Mar 31, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Luv N' Liv ( Ming Vs. Subatomic Sound System Remix)
Dub Gabriel – Raggabass|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/22/13
Dub/Future Dub/Dubstep with an impressive lineup of guest vocalists (mostly toasters). I really love the remixes, but it’s all good. No FCCs that I heard.
1. 3:43 ***ponderous slow thumps and buzz, forceful but mostly hard to understand (patois) toast from Jahdan Blakkamore, as well as pleasant singing & harmonies.
2. 4:19 ***bouncy syncopation, buzzy fretless bass, jaunty monotonic toast by Juakali. Fun electronic whurrs and burbles.
3. 4:54 **underwater sounding electronic throbs, spoken word poetry by The Spaceape, quite understandable. Nice twinkly skank…
4. 3:38 ***funky little bopper – almost Nawlins Funk beat, nicely attitudinal toast from Warrior Queen & Dr. Israel.
5. 2:44 ***groovy rock ‘n’ roll wiggle with weebles, toast by Brother Culture.
6. 4:05 **mostly drum and bass funky riddim, MC Zulu’s distincting toasting. (Rather suggestive lyrics)
7. 4:38 **pretty Arabesque instrumentation and exhortation in Spanish intro. Very slow one drop with various noises, Dr. Israel and Pedro toast and rant.
8. 3:14 ****classic relaxed bubble riddim with electronic overlay (nice) PJ Higgins (female) toast. Nice.
9. 5:36 ***squeebly electronics, slow relaxed slinky groove, U-Roy’s cool toasting. Gets REALLY psych.
10. 5:25 ***UFO squeeps, news broadcast intro, remix of track 3 with more emphasis on percussion. Nice funky groove.
11. 6:03 *****squeebles, echoes, scratches… remix of track 6 with a lot more electronic and very sparse beat. Goes DEEEEEEPLY DUUUUBBBSTEP after a minute. God, I fucking love Dubstep…
12. 4:41 ****remix of track 9, way groovy classic skank, very danceable.
13. 4:01 ****another remix of track 9, slower, with lots more electronics and effects. Swingy and nice, with some Dubstep thrown in. yippee!
14. 3:43 ****remix of track 4, funky bounce with gronchy stuff. Nicely remixed vocals. Teeny bit of cumbia percussion at end.
15. 4:37 ***(another) remix of track 6, slow classic skank, heavily processed, including bits that sound like 80’s Euro-electronica mated with dubstep.