|Mad Child / Dope Sick|
|Add Date:||2014-01-02||Pull Date:||2014-03-06||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||9 Mar||23 Feb||9 Feb||26 Jan||19 Jan|
|1.||Sun, 11 Mar 18:||Raymundo|
MHz broadcast: 03.11.18
|4.||Sun, 16 Mar 14:||Raymundo|
MHz Broadcast 03.16.14
|2.||Sun, 09 Jul 17:||Raymundo|
|5.||Sun, 02 Mar 14:||Raymundo|
|3.||Sun, 20 Apr 14:||Raymundo|
MHz Broadcast 04.20.14
|6.||Mon, 17 Feb 14:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Mad Child is a Canadian MC that's about 4'11" but sounds very powerful and BIG in his lyrical delivery! Each of the tracks on the "Dope Sick" release features a mini-story as the title states. Consider it another style of storytelling thru his point-of-view. Not to mention that there's a "who's Who" on the collaborations within the independent hip-hop scene. Featuring artist: DJ Revolution, Slaine, Prevail, Dilated Peoples, Bishop Lamont & D-Sisive, Dutch Robinson, Matt Brevner, & Phil The Agony. |
ALL CLEAN TRACKS. Recommended tracks: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, & 14
1. (4:21) - Mid-to-Slow tempo. Very dark lyrical flow. Massive word-play cuts & scratches by DJ Revolution (From the "Wake-Up Show"). DJ Revolution brings his signature style of turntablism.
2. (3:42) - Boom-Bap style Heavy sounding beats. Solid lyrical flow from both Slaine & Prevail. Recommended.
3. (3:51) - "Show Tune" sampling throughout he track. Great storytelling on the "Monster" subject matter. Head-Nod / Boom-Bap! Recommended.
4. (3:32) - Uptempo breakbeat style production. Synthetic & laser effect sampling.
5. (0:30) - Mini Interviews compiled into a message. Very short.
6. (3:54) - Jazzy & soulful sounding production. Melodic & groovy style rhythm. Recommended.
7. (4:30) - Funky sounding production. Crazy horn sampling! Powerful freestyle delivery. Recommended.
8. (4:46) - Very slow & melodic. Eerie & dark sounding track. Crazy dialog towards the last 30 seconds of the track.
9. (4:24) - Various style of piano loops over a melodic beat. Different beat change-ups towards the middle of the track.
10. (3:01) - Uptempo breakbeat rhythm. Funky-dark-electro style with heavy drum beats. Wailing vocals by Sophia Danai adds more depth to the track. Recommended.
11. (1:59) - Dark & slow beat.
12. (2:27) - Dreamy sounding sampling and beat. Lyrical freestyle on-point.
13. (3:56) - Boom-Bap beat with cinematic style sampling (strings and low horns). Trip-hop style.
14. (2:33) - Dark electro beat. Synthetic sounding sampling and rhythm with a hint of a guitar. Recommended.
15. (3:52) - Eerie and dark style production. Melodic sounding.