|Savages / Silence Yourself|
|Add Date:||2013-07-01||Pull Date:||2013-09-02|
|Week Ending:||1 Sep||25 Aug||18 Aug||11 Aug||21 Jul||14 Jul|
|1.||Mon, 14 Jan 19:||a.b. en masse|
truth to force
|4.||Tue, 29 Dec 15:||Pixel and Big in Japan|
Shytown and Friends
|2.||Fri, 24 Jun 16:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|5.||Mon, 09 Mar 15:||Pixel|
Shytown: Women's Day
|3.||Fri, 12 Feb 16:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Valentine's)
|6.||Tue, 18 Mar 14:||Mr. Esquire & The Terrahist|
Meow After Midnight
Fast, bombastic post-punk. Sounds more than a little like Joy Division. The London-based quartet have the makings of a healthy relationship with their music which they describe as "PHYSICAL" and "EMOTIONAL." If the song descriptions seem similar, it's because they…have a well-defined sound. The vocals are impassioned but precise. Not sure what most of the lyrics are about, but it's not sunshine and puppies. Tracks 7 and 10 showcase their ability to keep it reserved before releasing the PHYSICAL and EMOTIONAL onslaught. FCC clean.|
1. (4:48) audio sample form Cassavetes' Opening Night, strong repeating bass line, guitar spends half the song playing the same chord, the other half wandering.
2. (3:21) feedback and pounding toms turns into explosion of cymbals, howling outro.
3. (3:27) crunchy, muted guitar. The bassist must be pretty bored of playing that riff.
4. (3:58) decent drum and guitar echo intro, lots of distortion and warbling vocals.
5. (5:26) slow and heavy, lots of high-pitched feedback
6. (2:07) interesting percussive string effects and bells [interlude]
*7. (3:27) the most Joy Division-y of the bunch. So Joy Division-y. Final minute is awesome.
8. (3:36) metal-ish guitar intro…and now it's back to post-punk. Lyrics laying the "no face" metaphor on pretty thick.
9. (1:41) punk drums and lots of distorted string scraping.
*10. (2:50) fast, high energy, loud-quiet-loud
11. (4:04) clean sound compared with ever-present distortion on rest of album. piano and saxaphone. feels out of place.
|1.||Shut Up||6.||Dead Nature|
|2.||I Am Here||7.||She Will|
|3.||City's Full||8.||No Face|
|5.||Waiting For A Sign||10.||Husbands|