|Album:||A South Bronx Story||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-03-21||Pull Date:||2014-03-28|
|Week Ending:||Mar 30||Mar 23|
|1.||Mar 22, 2023:||Some Songs Without Words
|4.||Dec 03, 2021:||Windowlicker
You're No Good
|2.||Jan 12, 2023:||Oh Messy Life
|5.||Oct 01, 2020:||Magnetized Toner: With Guest DJ Paws & Play
You Make No Sense
|3.||Sep 01, 2022:||Oh Messy Life
|6.||Apr 03, 2018:||Waste FM
My Love For You
1. *(3:12)—Slow and smooth. Hangs on two notes. “You’re no good! Wooo!”
2. *(2:48)—Mid-tempo. Same two notes as the first track, but here it’s full on rock-‘n’-roll, just with no guitars.
3. *(2:56)—Instrumental. Medium-fast. The classic. Trippy siren sounds and whooshes, descending bass, sweet noir guitar.
4. (2:39)—Fast. Upbeat and funky, with a slight noir tinge.
5. (4:18)—Mid-tempo. An alternate version of track 2, this time longer, jammer, and—as stated in the title—“spaced out.”
6. (3:03)—Instrumental. Fast. Lots of cool extra percussion and false endings.
7. *(2:55)—Fast. Great chorus: “Uuup! Dowwwn! Uup! Dowwwn!” Extended outro.
8. (3:14)—Slow. More of a reggae feel. “We’ll have a good time. Oh yeah!”
9. *(4:32)—Fast. Driving and catchy as all hell. About going to the park and dancing all night.
10. (2:54)—Instrumental. Fast. Cool horn sounds and tambourine. Extremely spare use of guitar.
11. *(1:54)—Instrumental. Fast. Insanely cool dark alleyway chase scene music. You can trace a direct line from this to Interpol, but this is funkier.
12. (2:05)—Medium-slow, lumbering. High-pitched keyboard tones.
13. *(4:08)—Fast. Full-on aggressive dis song for all the ridiculous soon-to-be ex-boyfriends in the world.
14. *(2:35)—Fast and groovy. Really well placed funk guitar and shouting. “If you want to dance, get funky with me.”
15. (2:56)—Sexy slow jam. More fleshed out sound, including some keyboards.
16. (4:06)—Fast but laid-back and more jam-oriented.
17. (2:21)—Fast. Another dis track. “I said you, you, you make no sense at all.”
18. *(2:17)—Fast. Unrelenting, joyous, catchy shouting about “The beat!” Great handclaps, too.
|1.||You're No Good||10.||Parking Lot Blues|
|4.||It's Alright||13.||Erase You|
|5.||Moody (Spaced Out)||14.||Get Funky|
|6.||Tiny Sticks||15.||Hold Me Right|
|7.||My Love For You||16.||I Can't Tell You What To Do|
|8.||Come Away||17.||You Make No Sense|