|Hermitude / Hyperparadise|
|Add Date:||2013-07-01||Pull Date:||2013-09-02||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||4 Aug||21 Jul||14 Jul||7 Jul|
|1.||Aug 03, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Hyperparadise, The Hunt
|4.||Jul 10, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
Let You Go
|2.||Aug 01, 2013:||The Doldrummer |
|5.||Jul 02, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|3.||Jul 17, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
Initially hip hop artists, Luke Dubber and Angus Stuart have been collaborating on Hermitude since 2000, with 2012's HyperParadise being their fourth album. Coming out of Australia, they use keyboards, original beats, and percussions to make their unique music. The album is pretty diverse, ranging from experimental tracks to trap muzik, to post-dubstep beats, to even poppy dance songs. There is something for *almost* everyone here, read the track by track.|
Picks: 1, 5, 8, 11, 13
*1. (2:49) Noisey drum cacophony combined with Middle Eastern/ Spanish soft guitar strumming. Develops into plodding march. Whoa.
2. (3:30) Blunted low frequencies. LA style, classic "run da trap" sample but without all the excessive aggressiveness
3. (3:23) Slight groove with shimmers and lazrs. Heavy electro beats, but stoned.
4. (3:23) Upbeat, poppy, catchy dance song.Simple, but well timed bass. Female sing-song :)
*5 (4:40) Gangster post-dubstep. Thick, menacing and plodding. Gets quicker and lighter by the end-- really cool.
6. (4:44) Make out song: sultry post-dubstep with neat synths and fem vox.
7. (0:57) Cool little ditty, male vox about music…
*8. (4:03) Steel drums, upbeat, shimmers, big beats careen and cascade. Really fun!
9. (3:01) Stomping bass, lazrs, some synths. Song for leading the revolution. Gritty, or just angry-- you choose.
10. (4:14) FCC More gangster dub with bleeps and bloops. Gets fuller in the middle
*11. (2:58) Sunny, funky song. Upbeat, claps, synthesized vocals, shimmers.
12. (4:53) Melancholic. Slower, dark, thundering low frequencies, "epic" guitar reverbs, and some shimmers.
*13. (3:28) Vibrating, skittering, fluid song with attitude. Slightly psychedelic low frequencies, mildly Middle Eastern
|2.||Get In My Life||8.||Hyperparadise|
|3.||All Of You||9.||The Villian|
|4.||Speak Of The Devil||10.||Sloucho Darx|
|6.||Let You Go||12.||Cloud City|