|Phoenix Foundation, The / Fandango|
|Artist:||Phoenix Foundation, The||Added:||06/2013|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||19 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 16 Oct 14:||Mister Esquire|
|4.||Sat, 06 Sep 14:||Chelsea|
Chillin' with Chelsea
|2.||Fri, 26 Sep 14:||Spencer|
|5.||Fri, 29 Aug 14:||Spencer|
|3.||Sun, 14 Sep 14:||Trish|
|6.||Sat, 23 Aug 14:||Scout and Skipper|
Phoenix Foundation / Fandango - Psychedelic Indie Rock/Pop. Features interplays of vocals and a simple repetitive instrumentation that evolves over time with each song either with new instruments or with their sound quality.|
FCC violation in Track 1 Disk 1 the rest are clean.
Disk 1 (1) 5:30: Starts a bit slow and builds up. Catchy. Fun interplay between main rifts and voice.
(2) 6:12: Airy voices with a catchy riff that repeats and builds over the song. Lyrics juxtapose the soft and ethereal feeling of the song. The song builds gets more complex as the song progresses.
*(3) 3:38: Super catchy and fun pop-y synth.
*(4) 5:07: Slower love song. Lovely soft vocals on softer background. The music builds between vocals. Vocals fad out in the end to bells.
(5) 3:48: Glittery sounds overlaying catchy quick segments of half-spoken lyrics.
(6) 5:56: Slower song and breathy lyrics. Some falsetto during the chorus. Fades out during the middle and comes back with some light beats.
(7) 7:39: Starts with acoustic guitar finger picking. Builds from here with some distorted and soft vocals, bells, and percussion. Midway through this changes and the music turns to bells and synth with a nice beat. Distorted vocals.
Disk 2 *(1) 6:08: Starts with nature sounds. Transitions to simple drumming, bass, and guitar. Sounds like a relaxing skip through an open field. Very catchy and upbeat.
(2) 3:45: Mellow song. Dominated by bass and drums. Feels a bit bouncy. Easy to sing along.
(3) 4:33: A darker song. Breathy soft lyrics. Mostly repetitive bass and drums with some synth.
(4) 6:58: Mellow with a nice beat. Nice overlay of vocals sounds pretty cool. A flute or piccolo gets involved.
(5) 17:41: Huge reverb on the vocals over instrumentation that starts with soft strumming and tambourine and transitions to a faster pace then back again. Play if you are in the mood for a musical journey through a psychedelic forest.
Reviewed by Chelsea L-Schmaltz – Aug 15, 2014
|4.||Thames Soup||10.||Morning Riff|
|5.||Evolution Did||11.||Sideways Glance|
|6.||Inside Me Dead||12.||Friendly Society|