|Sølyst / Lead|
|Add Date:||2013-06-17||Pull Date:||2013-08-19||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 Aug||11 Aug||4 Aug||14 Jul||30 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 31 Aug 13:||Eme O|
|4.||Sat, 03 Aug 13:||Eme O|
|2.||Thu, 15 Aug 13:||miss information|
|5.||Thu, 01 Aug 13:||miss information|
|3.||Wed, 07 Aug 13:||miss information|
|6.||Mon, 08 Jul 13:||Featherweight|
Fight or Flight
“Tribal Dub Krautrock.” Dense, percussion-driven krautrockish jams, more on the electronic side of that vague spectrum. Solo project of Thomas Klein, drummer of Kreidler, his beats have a tight, controlled pulse with a uniquely expressive flair, synths sounding like Richard Wright or Klaus Schulze. Many different timbres of drum are sampled, creating exotic soundscapes. Simultaneously retro and forward-thinking, great stuff for fans of Schulze, Conrad Schnitzler, the rest of the Tangerine Dream gang, Neu!, Tonatiuh|
1. (7:17) Deep, lurid, nocturnal beat, invigorating, throbbing synth and vaguely Mayan percussion
2. (5:10) Bubbling, buzzing, erratic clanging beats—starts out murky, resolves into a thick rolling groove
3. (4:53) Spaced-out, brooding, lonely plodding beats
4. (2:15) Short and weird. Cycling loops of varied percussion eventually joined by somber, melancholy synth.
5. (5:00) Throbbing, underwater tribal ritual, way more upbeat—is this what deep sea jellyfish rave to?
6. (5:20) Looping, throbbing beats, cavernous clanging dissonance
7. (4:28) Dark, pounding beat, perfect soundtrack for a late night walk. Synths loop through various arpeggios and percussion keeps getting denser.
8. (2:17) Happy kitchen utensil / Gameboy ditty, robotic chirps and croaks, pounding sacrifice-to-the-sun-god drums
9. (4:57) Eerie cavernous blips, heavily syncopated layers of beats make the 4/4 almost indistinguishable, until towards the end a heavy, pounding floor-tom delivers a steady march.
10. (5:43) Familiar throbbing synth pulses under pounding, eerily militaristic beats tempered by some subtle vibra-slap effects.