|Tullycraft / Lost In Light Rotation|
|Album:||Lost In Light Rotation||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Magic Marker Records|
|Add Date:||2013-07-28||Pull Date:||2013-09-29|
|Week Ending:||29 Sep||22 Sep||8 Sep||1 Sep||25 Aug||18 Aug||11 Aug||4 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 10 Mar 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Thu, 02 Jan 14:||Miss Information & Scuttle Toe|
KZSU Top 100 of 2013
|2.||Fri, 28 Mar 14:||Francis D|
|5.||Wed, 02 Oct 13:||glu|
|3.||Fri, 10 Jan 14:||Francis D|
Time Traveler (Top 35 Indie CDs of 2013)
|6.||Fri, 27 Sep 13:||Francis D|
jangly guitars! cute hooks! clever lyrics! nasal vocals! Bright, twee pop from THE american twee/indie pop band. an endearing and charming album, full of nostalgia, in-jokes, references. A bit of 50s and 60s pop, lots of 80 +90 pop. Think Belle and Sebastian, The Pastels, Sarah Records, Slumberland Records.|
Includes female supporting vocals as accents or harmonies on every song. Almost all songs has some fast, almost-spoken vocals.
PLAY 1, 3, 4, 2, 7, 11 but all are pretty good.
1. 3:19 impossibly infectious, fast. "oh, oh, oh." some female vocal harmonies. so easy to sing and dance along to.
2. 2:34 midtempo. build up to pleasant and pretty 60s pop plodding. female duet.
3. 3:32 The first single! Some radio references. Jittering guitar, bright, upbeat, big punchy supporting gang vocals
4. 3:17 midtempo; punchier guitar. "bum bop, bum bop bop" "oooh aahhh" wordless vocals alongside charming meandering vocals.
5. 2:36 upbeat, 60s surfy, conversational
6. 3:33 midtempo, harmonies with a bit crooning. cheesy M+F duet. some backgrund synths. so jangly. vocal only outro in last 20 secs
7. 2:42 vocals + rhythm. midtempo, relatively stripped down/understated. amazing bounciness.
8. 2:31 uptempo, classic tullycraft and perfectly tight, but not particularly distinct from the rest of their discography.
9. 1:51 some radio references, background synths. midtempo, total 50s pop rock about hittin the road.
10. 3:11 mid/up tempo. acoustic guitar intro, duet of slightly twangy vocals
11. 3:33 midtempo, like #2, but less uptempo and reflective.
|1.||Agincourt||6.||Elks Lodge Riot|
|2.||Queenie Co||7.||No Tic, All Tac|
|3.||Lost In Light Rotation||8.||Dig Up The Graves|
|4.||Westchester Turnabouts||9.||Wake Up, Wake Up|
|5.||From Wichita With Love||10.||We Knew Your Name Until Your Heart Stopped|