|Dj Frane / Hi Dusty Stranger|
|Album:||Hi Dusty Stranger||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Dj Frane||Added:||Jun 2013|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2014-01-02||Pull Date:||2014-03-06||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||Mar 9||Mar 2||Feb 9||Jan 26||Jan 19||Jan 12||Jan 5|
|1.||Jul 07, 2019:||MHz broadcast 07.07.19 |
Sunny Daydream, Always A Stranger
|4.||Mar 11, 2018:||MHz broadcast: 03.11.18 |
Sunny Daydream, The Mirage & The Gunslinger
|2.||Jul 08, 2018:||MHz |
Road To Dreamcatcher Mountain
|5.||Aug 20, 2017:||MHz broadcast 8.20.17 |
The Mirage & The Gunslinger, The Mirage & The Gunslinger, Coyote's Trail Mix
|3.||May 13, 2018:||MHz |
The Mirage & The Gunslinger, Road To Dreamcatcher Mountain
|6.||Jul 23, 2017:||MHz broadcast 07.23.17 |
Coyote's Trail Mix, Darkside Rider
In the world of turntablism (The art of manipulating sounds & creating music using phonograph turntables and a mixer), DJ Frane's release "Hi Dusty Stranger" demonstrates cleaver usage of 60's-70's cinematic dialog via sampling wordplay and manipulating psychedelic style production. Adding some classic breakbeat & funk to each track with a hint of trip-hop / downtempo makes each of these tracks more interesting to listen to. From listening to the CD, all of the tracks were meant to be played as a complete mix CD (Blended tracks from 1 - 10). Overall, each of the tracks can stand alone with their unique style of production. All tracks are radio friendly. Recommended tracks: 1, 4, 5, & 9|
1. (7:42) Funk and various guitar samples. Groovy drum beats & cinematic style / early 70's movie dialogs. Excellent use of a flute-loop. Recommended.
2. (6:43) Spaghetti Western style intro. Trip-hop / down-tempo tempo. Dark sounding vibe.Excellent drum & rhythm change-ups.
3. (11:12) - Very melodic and dreamy sounding track.
4. (10:42) - 60's sounding ballad style production. Soulful Jazz style. Towards the middle of the track it changes up to a gritty-style of funk which changes up again to a melodic rare groove break. Recommended.
5. (7:22) - Mid-to-Late 70's style funk influence. Funky drum breaks and cleaver use of vocals used while cutting. Upbeat tempo towards the end. Recommended.
6. (6:54) - Quiet & downtempo. Very mellow.Guitar wailing sampling.
7. (3:48) - Melodic and eerie sounding beat.
8. (4:33) - Spiritual and wailing vocals and sampling. Dreamy sounding.
9. (6:04) - Uptempo and funky intro. Breakbeat style production. Recommended
10. (4:40) - Melodic and dark sounding intro with the piano keys. Slow-and-dragging tempo. Thick sounding guitar riffs.
|1.||Coyote's Trail Mix||6.||Myriad Pathways|
|2.||Darkside Rider||7.||Heavy Load|
|3.||Road To Dreamcatcher Mountain||8.||Old Souls|
|4.||The Mirage & The Gunslinger||9.||Always A Stranger|
|5.||Sunny Daydream||10.||Cloudy Faces Blow Away|