|Hot Chip / Dark & Stormy|
|Album:||Dark & Stormy||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2013-07-21||Pull Date:||2013-09-22|
|Week Ending:||8 Sep||18 Aug||11 Aug||4 Aug||28 Jul|
|1.||Oct 24, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Flutes (Sasha Remix)
|4.||Aug 16, 2013:||Time Traveler |
Dark & Stormy
|2.||Sep 05, 2013:||feelin' the music |
|5.||Aug 08, 2013:||Trainee Special |
How Do You Do (Todd Terje Remix)
|3.||Sep 05, 2013:||second meeting |
Dark & Stormy
|6.||Aug 03, 2013:||Meow |
Flutes (Lp Version)
Hot Chip- Dark & Stormy
London’s electronic band Hot Chip released their 6 album-- first half is originals and second half is remixes by some heavy hitters. Ranging from pop, to thick beats, to progressive house, there is something for any dance music lover in this album. A movement towards more synthesized music heavier on production rather than their usual drum/guitar/bass/synth grooves. Nonetheless, good stuff.
FCC’s: none detected
1. (4:45) Upbeat poppy song. Silver lining male vox, bass / drum heavy with cute keyboard, some analog bits.
*2. (5:20) DOPE! Dark bass (think: Booka Shade?) mixed with breathy male vox. Aw yeah. Crazy sax too.
3. (4:00) Steel drums, bass guitar and friends boogie in this track!
*4. (7:04) Building track with nice head wagging beats, male vox, and fem chanting. Snarezzzz
5. (9:29) Progressive house track on ice-- chilled out with male vox from previous song. Great closer for a set.
*6. (9:08) Todd Terje with the fast- disco bassline, repetitive but fun loops and sparkling synths! Get clapping!!
7. (7:37)Darker technic track. Gets weirdly carnival-like halfway through (synths and bubbles)... cool panning though!
8. (4:14) Slowed dancehall beat with snares, spacey effects, and male vox. Sirens, as per Major Lazaaaa.
|1.||Dark & Stormy||5.||Flutes (Sasha Remix)|
|2.||Jelly Babies||6.||How Do You Do (Todd Terje Remix)|
|3.||Doctor||7.||Night & Day (Daphni Remix)|
|4.||Flutes (Lp Version)||8.||Look At Where We Are (Major Lazer Remix)|