|Gengras, M. Geddes / Collected Works Vol. 1: The Moog Years|
|Album:||Collected Works Vol. 1: The Moog Years||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gengras, M. Geddes||Added:||08/2013|
|Add Date:||2013-09-01||Pull Date:||2013-11-03||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||27 Oct||20 Oct||13 Oct||29 Sep||22 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep|
|1.||Oct 23, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|4.||Sep 25, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|2.||Oct 16, 2013:||minimum entropy |
|5.||Sep 19, 2013:||Space House |
|3.||Oct 09, 2013:||minimum entropy sub |
|6.||Sep 19, 2013:||maximum entropy |
M. Geddes Gengras – Collected Works Vol. 1 (Umor Rex, 2013)|
Lovely subliminal Moog synth soundscapes: the early works from the influential M. Geddes Gengras, notable for his work with Sun Araw, and also being half of the Voder Deth Squad duo. A lot of delay, looped patterns, ambient hums. Warm and lo-fi, guaranteed to please fans of Celer, White Rainbow, any tape on Constellation Tatsu. Play any track or play ‘em all.
1. (12:36) Windy, shifting tonal patterns, repetitive and sparkling. Meditative bliss.
2. (4:39) Lonely, plaintive drone with some eerie mechanical chirps; like the soundtrack to some bleak, existential montage.
3. (4:51) Cycling loops of blipping tones, not unlike Oren Ambarchi at his most ambient.
4. (5:32) Soft, cloying synth lines and dark whirring helicopter drones
5. (11:58) Dreamy and magical auditory hallucinations—glitchy noise squirming in the distance while foggy ambient shadows drift around; eventually a sharp, frigid hum of distortion adds a dark edge.
6. (4:35) …fade in from previous track, gentle and mournful satellite whale song and fuzzy ambient chatter.