|Wendel, Ben/Dan Tepfer / Small Constructions|
|Artist:||Wendel, Ben/Dan Tepfer||Added:||Aug 2013|
|Add Date:||2013-08-25||Pull Date:||2013-10-27||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Oct 27||Oct 20||Oct 13||Oct 6||Sep 29||Sep 22||Sep 15||Sep 8|
|1.||Mar 15, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Oct 24, 2013:||Rebop |
|2.||Nov 15, 2013:||Fight or Flight |
|5.||Oct 17, 2013:||Rebop |
Pannonica, Still Play
|3.||Nov 07, 2013:||Rebop |
|6.||Oct 16, 2013:||In Your Ear | Worldwide Broadcast |
Jean And Renata, Pannonica, Still Play
Interesting mix of multi-instrumental duets. Sax, bassoon, melodica, piano, and bass. Mostly originals, two by Monk, even a salute to Handel. Both artists were classically trained and it shows in their complex compositions and sure performances. Mostly downtempo, but with a warm and sophisticated fluidity.|
*1. Sweet and bright bounce w/a fluid, compelling melody.
*2. Respectful yet updated and warm take on a Monk classic. Mid.
3. Slow and dreamy with a lazy, nicely unhurried feel.
*4. Upbeat w/extra good tripping piano work.
5. Slow and rich, almost like chamber music but definitely jazz.
*6. Down at first, picks up. Complex playing and great interplays.
7. Mournful sax, slow piano, a lowkey but harmonious piece.
8. Down/midtempo with trilling sax and strong piano.
9. Relaxed and warm w/solid work from both.
10. Slow and gentle with an air of sad reflection.
*11. Handel gets a downtempo jazz makeover. Soft & gentle.
12. Downtempo, sleepy yet with a lovely softness.
|2.||Pannonica||8.||Ask Me Now|
|3.||Jean And Renata||9.||Rygabag|
|4.||Line Up||10.||Darn That Dream|
|5.||Line||11.||Variation 1 In D Minor|