|Ikonika / Aerotropolis|
|Add Date:||2013-09-01||Pull Date:||2013-11-03|
|Week Ending:||13 Oct||29 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep|
|1.||Mon, 09 Jun 14:||Mayjahn|
Pumping Iron: A Retrospective
|4.||Wed, 25 Sep 13:||Victoria|
second meeting, take 2
|2.||Sat, 12 Oct 13:||Eme O|
|5.||Tue, 24 Sep 13:||Mayjahn|
|3.||Wed, 25 Sep 13:||DJ Cat|
Beach Blanket Bingo
|6.||Thu, 12 Sep 13:||Tom D|
The Proselytizer Radio News Hour
Characterized by some as dubstep/ grime, this is Ikonika’s second album and leans more towards synth pop rather than UK dub. Lots of nice sub bass though, with synth harmonies, patterns, and some driving drums. A vocal track makes an appearance, albeit disappointing. Lots of songs are pretty repetitive (and can get a little boring), but if you’re just trying to get lost in your dance moves then pop this bad boy in ;)
FCC’s: none detected
Picks: *3*, 5, 6, 7, 11
1. (1:38) Repetitive, bloopy. fast loop drenched in synth harmony.
2. (4:02) A vocal track? What?! Nice voice under poppy electronica with something guised as dark beats.
**3. (4:05) Casios make an appearance under medium paced drums, deep sub bass, and groovy synths. We’re back to in 80’s, ladies!
4. (0:47) Blippy interlude featuring hard 808‘s and soft synth play.
*5. (4:46) Faster beats fall in with processed fem vox, rockin’ Casios, synth harmonies, driving drums, and bass guitar groove. Grows on you.
*6. (2:12) Darker tones set the stage with glass-rumbling sub bass, and airy synth play.
*7. (3:40) Break beat. Basic fast drums, shakers, buzzing bloops, and mid frequencies.
8. (4:51) Spacey effects under slower beat, claps, synthy strings, and casios. Takes a while to develop.
(4:26) Casio rocks out under fast sub bass+ drum combo, then the synths, and drums.
(4:25) Snares, dark beats, and ghoulish synth loops. Dramatic song that also could double in an 80’s horror soundtrack (the part when our hero comes to terms with their gruesome death).
*11. (2:56) Starts where the last one left off. Alien hihats grace this with faster beats, and melancholic but high noted synths.
12. (3:47) Leaning towards UK dub. Slower song with back + forth between synth play and beats spotlight.
13. (3:59) Minimal as spork. Undulating bass and bleeps lead into spliced fem vox and synth buzzes.
14. (4:06) Hihat lurve with spacey effects and slower bass + ebbing casios. Melancholic.