|Sunpie & the Louisiana Sunspots / Island Man|
|Artist:||Sunpie & the Louisiana Sunspots||Added:||09/2013|
|Label:||Black Folks Records|
|Add Date:||2013-10-10||Pull Date:||2013-12-12||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||1 Dec||3 Nov||20 Oct|
|1.||Jul 03, 2016:||The Zydeco Workout |
|4.||Jul 12, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
I'm So Happy
|2.||Nov 29, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
I'm So Happy
|5.||Jun 07, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
|3.||Aug 23, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout - Jockey Etienne Special |
Tu Me Fair Braillier
|6.||Jun 15, 2014:||The Zydeco Workout |
I'm So Happy
|Lola Love - Zydeco Lady|
Sunpie Barnes is perhaps one of the most enigmatic Zydeco musicians in the Zydeco Nation standing at the critical juncture where the black Creole musical tradition of Southwest Louisiana, Afro-Louisiana musical tradition, Mississippi Blues musical tradition, and Afro-Caribbean musical meet. While this may pose as an issue for many musicians and listeners, Sunpie Barnes’ musical clarity is grounded and focused. He is to black Creole, Afro-Louisianan, and Afro-Caribbean music what Taj Mahal is to Blues or Miles Davis is to Jazz. “Island Man” is the latest CD project from Sunpie & the Louisiana Sunspots containing 14 tracks that incorporates elements of Zydeco, Gospel, Blues, Afro-Louisianan, and Caribbean tradition.|
1) 5:57 “Island Man”- HOT TRACK - Title Zydeco Track! Hot Zydeco Song bringing together the world sound of black Creole, black New Orleans, Afro-Louisianan, and Afro-Caribbean, and African music!
2) 4:21 “I’m So Happy” – HOT TRACK- CD SLEEPER Inspired by Sunpie Barnes’ experience playing music with South African guitarist Vusi Mahlasela while in Durban, South Africa. Tight horns by Lance Ellis and Eric Lucero!
3) 5:24 “Marie Leveau” – HOT TRACK New Orleans flavor with Zydeco Accordion come together to pay tribute to the Louisiana Creole Voodoo Queen.
4) 4:08 “Tu Me’ Fair Braillier” HOT TRACK- Traditional upbeat Zydeco Dance Track sung in Creole French.
5) 4:29 “Mo Gain L’amour Pour Toi” – HOT TRACK- CD SLEEPER Well written and played mid tempo Zydeco track in the tradition of Clifton Chenier & Buckwheat Zydeco!
6) 4:39 “Down In the Bottoms” – HOT TRACK Wood Cutting song inspired by and passed on to Sunpie Barnes by his father Willie Barnes Sr.
7) 5:02 “Love’s Gone” – HOT TRACK R & B styled track with a air tight rhythm, drum and horn section!
8) 6:15 “Come Back Love” – HOT TRACK- CD SLEEPER Well written R & B song with a full Afro Louisianan Sound! Surprise of the CD!
9) 5:16 “Zoli Marche An Dans Bonne Heure” – HOT TRACK- Translates: “The Bones Are Walking Early In The Morning” dedicated to the New Orleans Northside Skull & Bones Mardi Gras Gang.
10) 5:33 “Have Mercy” – HOT TRACK- Wood Cutting song that incorporates jazz , spirituals, R & B & Blues.
11) 3:12 “We Are The Northside Skull & Bones Gang” – HOT TRACK- Anthem dedicated to Northside Skull & Bones Mardi Gras Gang. A 200 year old carnival tradition.
12) 4:01 “Too Late” – HOT TRACK- Sad but true song about shooting at New Orleans jazz club, Joe’s Cozy Corner.
13) 5:57 “Ain’t No Grave” – HOT TRACK- Old Spiritual about the Book of Revelations.
14) 2:36 “Whiskey Toast” – HOT TRACK- Classic blues track. You’ll Love this one!