|Darox, D.On & The Melody Joy Bakers / Tango|
|Artist:||Darox, D.On & The Melody Joy Bakers||Added:||10/2013|
|Add Date:||2013-10-24||Pull Date:||2013-12-26|
|Week Ending:||22 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec|
|1.||Dec 19, 2013:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
This Little Light
|3.||Dec 03, 2013:||The Alarm Clock |
|2.||Dec 07, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Tango: The Introduction
|4.||Nov 30, 2013:||Around The Bend |
This Little Light
D.on Darox & The Melody Joy Bakers|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
16th October 2013
An exciting release from this South California based band. Long summer evenings drinking with friends, relaxing and enjoying life – That for me sums up this 2013 release. Tom Waits vocal comparisons are natural, although their strength is in their ability to convey a sense of real enjoyment by being in a band together. East & Central European influences infused with a Klezmer, Gypsy, Bluesy vibe that has been in vogue of late. Similar to: Tom Waits, No Smoking Orchestra, Gogol Bordello, Another Green World & The Higsons. All in all, a pretty decent collection, can’t go wrong with any of the tracks really. A good advertisement for seeing them live.
FCC WARNING Track 6
1) Tango: The Introduction (2.37) Brief introduction to the track & then a smoldering trumpet leading into a rousing finale.
2) St. James (3.19) New Orleans style funeral procession for a new generation.
3) Waltz In A Min (4.24) Accordion based bar room sing a long, Haunting melody in background.
4) Water (5.21) Upright bass for the intro with some mellow Brass– Slower paced track.
5) Tango: Intermezzo (4:57) Following on from Track 1, more of the same Brass playing & then faster paced for a good old knees up.
6) Down To The River (5.22) Continuation of their faster style infused with slower jazzy moments – FCC WARNING – 3.40 “That shit is good”
7) This Little Light (5.21) “Star Track” like backing. Back to basics here, done very well. Crowd-pleasing sing a long for sure. Mid tempo.
8) Tango: Finale (4.37) Trumpet again takes the lead in this faster edged track. More urgency in this one than the other two “Tango” tracks.
9) New Orleans Diddy (4.12) Weakest track on the cd for me. Instrumental, in the New Orleans tradition.
|1.||Tango: The Introduction||5.||Tango: Intermezzo|
|2.||St. James||6.||Down To The River|
|3.||Waltz In A Min||7.||This Little Light|
|9.||New Orleans Diddy|