|Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin / Fly By Wine|
|Album:||Fly By Wine||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin||Added:||10/2013|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2013-10-24||Pull Date:||2013-12-26|
|Week Ending:||22 Dec||15 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov||17 Nov||10 Nov||3 Nov|
|1.||Tue, 13 Jan 15:||Arcana|
|4.||Fri, 20 Dec 13:||Francis D|
|2.||Wed, 01 Jan 14:||Mister Esquire|
|5.||Fri, 13 Dec 13:||Baby Gap|
|3.||Fri, 27 Dec 13:||Francis D|
Time Traveler (Bonus Edition)
|6.||Fri, 06 Dec 13:||Baby Gap|
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin / Fly By Wine |
Label: Polyvinyl Records
SSLYBY's newest album is a much more mature take on their musical blend of synth-based indie rock, slowing things down a bit from their previous lighter, pop/dance sound. There are still some lighter songs, definitely makes one think of a much chiller variation of MGMT and even a few Phoenix-esque guitar riffs can be found throughout. Perfect for a night drive, the album has mostly introspective/reflective tracks and sounds like autumn. FCC clean.
1. 3:28* Chill night drive sound. Incredibly smooth blend of percussion, synth, and atmospheric vocals.
2. 2:57 Very indie rock. Echoey, nice background vocals help drive the song. Reminiscent of MGMT.
3. 3:04 Background guitar matches the vocals and drives the song (lots of "ooooh"ing from both). Slower, has a retro, "grainy noise" feel.
4. 3:55 Harder to understand the lyrics (the echo is more pronounced). Really nice overlay of outside sound bites adds to "grainy noise".
5. 2:30 Very indie rock. A bit repetitive tune, but very pretty.
6. 2:38 Whimsical, upbeat. Really nice guitar strumming adds to the happy feel (and is that a bit of cowbell I hear?).
7. 2:45* Strong percussion keeps the otherwise floaty vocals and guitar grounded. Lovely background vocals and harmonizing.
8. 2:14* Vocals in this one have a really nice male/female balance. Slower song, but gorgeous intermingling of guitar and piano. Very, very chill.
9. 3:21* Guitar heavy; sometimes overwhelms the vocals (but it sounds so good). The "static" guitar sound balanced by the occasional electrifying strumming/solos.
10. 4:55 First half sounds really distant/echoey, but a shift halfway through the song brings the vocals down to earth a bit. Another shift further into the song (~3 mins) adds a bit of a electronic/synth feel. Really chilled out.
|3.||Cover All Sides||8.||Bright Leaves|
|4.||Lucky Young||9.||Nightwater Girlfriend|
|5.||Ms. Dot||10.||Fly By Wire|