|Dr. Dog / B Room|
|Add Date:||2013-10-31||Pull Date:||2014-01-02|
|Week Ending:||5 Jan||29 Dec||22 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov||17 Nov||10 Nov|
|1.||Tue, 14 Jun 16:||Sarah Bellum|
That's Not Bluegrass
|4.||Tue, 13 Jan 15:||Arcana|
|2.||Tue, 20 Jan 15:||Arcana|
|5.||Tue, 18 Feb 14:||DJ Gu|
Grooving with DJ Gu
|3.||Mon, 19 Jan 15:||alsal|
|6.||Tue, 21 Jan 14:||DJ Gu|
Grooving with DJ Gu
Dr. Dog/B-Room/Anti Records|
Diverse album of primary roots and psychedelic rock. Moving melodic bass pervades all songs creating a highly rhythmic feel somewhere between The Lumineers and the Black Keys. Many instruments including synth sounds are used in the more psychedelic songs, although all is based in good rhythm rock. Most vocals are backed, and are edgy and soulful when isolated. Chanting chorus are common. 5 for folk, 6 for psychadelia, for and 12 for upbeat rock, and 1 for chill rock. FCC 10.
1. 4:26* Synth-organ background with chill, melodic rhythm guitar and moving bass. Airy vocals rise at the finish. A lot of noise for a laid back vibe.
2. 3:36 Fast moving tempo with distinct moving bass and fast high pitched vocals. Synth noise backing and solid guitar solo
3. 3:26 Dominated by bass picking and edgy Black Keys-esque vocals. Picks up with guitar at end. Repetitive.
4. 3:24* Upbeat rocker. Dylan sounding vocals with harmony backing. “Distant light” chant closes.
5. 3:55*Harmony filled bluegrass rock. Lovely banjo intro and violin melodies. Kick drum but more rock feel than roots folk like the Lumineers. Great pyschadelia in the middle. My favorite.
6. 3:56* Folky guitar and soulful singing. Lamenting, bluesy lyrics with great power in the voice. This one is true roots folk
7. 3:51 Psychadelic rock that still stays melodic with lots of reverb in the bass, guitar and vocals. Horns too and nice guitar work.
8. 4:04 Funk-rock, rolling bass and funky vocals. Harmonized chorus and rock guitar riffs. tempo change.
9. 3:35 Faded into from previous track. Pop synth with strong bass and harp strums. Lennon sounding psychadelia with strings and fuzzy, altered vocals
10. 3:07 Roots rock with chugging rhythm guitar, thumping bass and nostalgic lyrics. FCC.
11. 3:41 Less descript rock with backing vocals, high flowy rhythm guitar. Nice flow.
12. 3:37* Solid folk-rock with isolated vocals and great rolling vocals with keys. Rhythmic chorus.
|1.||The Truth||7.||Long Way Down|
|3.||Minding The Usher||9.||Twighlight|
|4.||Distant Light||10.||Rock & Roll|
|6.||Too Weak To Ramble||12.||Nellie|