|Add Date:||2013-11-21||Pull Date:||2014-01-31||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 26||Jan 19||Jan 5||Dec 22||Nov 24|
|1.||Jan 25, 2014:||Music Casserole
Waayey : The Butcher
|4.||Jan 17, 2014:||The Songsmith Show
La Paix : Peace
|2.||Jan 25, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
Annour El Sahel : The Light Of Sahel
|5.||Jan 16, 2014:||The Sunset Life
La Paix : Peace
|3.||Jan 18, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|6.||Jan 03, 2014:||World Tour
Boro Ganda : My Land
PLAY ANYTHING. Everything on this album is entrancing, accessible, and emotionally affecting. Particular favorites: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11. No FCCs
Similar artists/releases: Vieux Farka Toure, Dustin Wong
1. (5:51) ** Up-tempo, beautiful intricate guitar work with group vocals and clattering percussion. A fluid, rhythmic, folk song.
2. (5:25) * Up-tempo. Cool, unexpected, electric guitar solo midway through
3. (5:49) * Mid-tempo. Colorful cascading guitar playing
4. (5:10) *** Up-tempo. Definitely the bluesiest song on the album, great bass line and guitar riffs.
5. (7:40) ** Begins down-tempo. Opens with some flute playing and gentle guitar strums. Drumless. Then breaks out into a groove at about 2:50. Intricate, hectic guitar.
6. (5:38) * Up-tempo. Bright with lush instrumentation
7. (4:16) Down-tempo. Guitar with flute. Drumless.
8. (3:22) * Up-tempo. Really dexterous guitar playing
9. (4:04) ** Up-tempo Begins with cool, bare, rattling percussion and then his signature guitar playing. Some English lyrics of “I like you my country”.
10. (5:49) * Mid-tempo. Similar to many of the other songs on here.
11. (3:49) ** Mid-tempo, wonderful guitar
Reviewed by Muscat