|Faccini, Piers / Between Dogs And Wolves|
|Album:||Between Dogs And Wolves||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Six Degrees Records|
|Add Date:||2013-11-28||Pull Date:||2014-02-07|
|Week Ending:||2 Feb||26 Jan||19 Jan||5 Jan||29 Dec||15 Dec||8 Dec|
|1.||Jan 31, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|4.||Jan 24, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 30, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|5.||Jan 17, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Jan 28, 2014:||Grooving with DJ Gu |
|6.||Jan 16, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
Like Water Like Stone
Exquisite, arresting, unassuming, melancholy, nocturnal folk from this English singer-songwriter. Each song is impeccably written and arranged—lush but active but never too busy. The sonic palate is mostly uniform across the album: soft, plaintive vocals and plucked acoustic guitar fleshed out with cello, piano, and occasional backing vocals. Beautiful. Play any. No FCCs.|
1. (3:03)—Mid-tempo waltz. Very catchy repetition of “black rose, black rose.”
2. (3:00)—Mid-tempo. Just a bit jazzy (in the torch song sense).
3. (3:05)—Medium-fast, dramatic. Soft guitar effects. Builds in the last third.
4. (3:18)—Slow, stately. Manipulated vocals, a wind instrument. Twinkling, plucked strings.
5. (3:15)—Medium-fast, slightly ominous. Echoing vocals.
6. (3:34)—Mid-tempo. Chilling. Vocals in French.
7. (5:09)—Medium-fast, dreamy. Vocals move from spoken to sung. Turns urgent during the coda.
8. (4:09)—Slow. No guitar, mainly piano. Hints of jazz again.
9. (3:55)—Medium-fast, bright, tropical in places. Vocals in Italian.
10. (3:21)—Slow, subtly twangy.
|1.||Black Rose||6.||Reste La Maree|
|2.||Broken Mirror||7.||Pieces Of Ourselves|
|3.||Missing Words||8.||Girl In The Corner|
|4.||Feather Light||9.||Il Cammino|
|5.||Wide Shut Eyes||10.||Like Water Like Stone|