|Billie Joe And Norah / Foreverly|
|Artist:||Billie Joe And Norah||Added:||01/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-01-09||Pull Date:||2014-03-13|
|Week Ending:||16 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb||16 Feb||9 Feb||26 Jan||19 Jan|
|1.||Fri, 25 Apr 14:||DJ Gu|
Grooving with DJ Gu
|4.||Sat, 01 Mar 14:||BravoMarco|
BravoMarco Variety Show
|2.||Wed, 12 Mar 14:||Mr. Esquire & The Terrahist|
Meow After Midnight
|5.||Wed, 26 Feb 14:||Emma.|
|3.||Sun, 02 Mar 14:||Sarah Bellum|
Thats Not Bluegrass
|6.||Mon, 17 Feb 14:||Mister Esquire|
Billie Joe & Norah|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
19th December 2013
“Foreverly” is an LP dedicated to the Everly Brothers & their 1958 release “Songs Our Daddy Taught Us” The tracks are preformed by Norah Jones & Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day). This release is a win win all round, new younger audience admiration for the Everly Brothers & certainly a greater appreciation for Billie Joe (from me in any case) Norah Jones is a stellar performer as always.
Great concept & can’t go wrong with any of the tracks. Country ballads done with passion & style. I think you either love this or really hate it. Play all. For me 5 stands out though, also good 10, 1 & 3.
1) Roving Gambler (4.10) Bluesy, harmonica driven opener.
2) Long Time Gone (3.30) Slower, plods along until the Dwayne Eddy guitars one minute from end.
3) Lightning Express (5.02) Slow paced sad tale.
4) Silver Haired Daddy Of Mine (3.15) More of an upbeat twang to this one.
5) Down In The Willow Garden (4.34) Murder Ballad. Tip Top.
6) Who’s Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Feet (2.58) Nice melody, slowing it down.
7) Oh So Many Years (3.06) Faster paced one with more energetic guitars. Norah Jones’ voice seems to be left behind though. Shame.
8) Barbara Allen (4.49) You need your porch with the hammock for this one. Billie Joe takes the lead with Norah coming in to nice effect.
9) Rockin’ Alone (In An Old Rockin’ Chair) (3.02) Slow, with piano accompaniment. One for the Grandparents.
10) I’m Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail (4.21) Norah Jones takes the lead, Slow ballad with military drums.
11) Kentucky (3.26) Upping the tempo slightly, keeping it nice & mellow though. Almost dreamy.
12) Put My Little Shoes Away (3.28) Slow & morose.