|First Base / First Base|
|Add Date:||2014-01-31||Pull Date:||2014-04-04|
|Week Ending:||6 Apr||9 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb||16 Feb||9 Feb|
|1.||Thu, 22 Jan 15:||Mister Esquire|
|4.||Tue, 01 Apr 14:||Mister Esquire|
|2.||Thu, 01 Jan 15:||Mister Esquire|
Meow: The Best Of 2014
|5.||Tue, 04 Mar 14:||Mr. Esquire & The Terrahist|
|3.||Thu, 03 Apr 14:||Mister Esquire|
|6.||Thu, 27 Feb 14:||scuttle_toes|
As Reviewed By Mister Esquire.|
(and there's a difference btwn Esquirecore and Meowcore. so there.)
power pop with organ. sounds like band playing at a carnival on the beach. in a 60's exploitation flick. made in the 80's. a teen sex comedy. tracks are samey, and all about heartache and boners, and getting over them. kinda like a male version of Vivian Girls, Best Coast, early Dum Dum Girls, et al.
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW.
SOUNDS LIKE: DICKIES, STARJETS, BANNANA SPLITS, SHOES, A TON OF OTHER POWER POP, ET AL.
PLAY: ANY/ALL/RANDOMEOW...SERIOUSLY=THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME.
1. PURR-FECT: upbeat, twirling, bouncy. keep it simple.
2. ditto. more Britty. Bananna Splits with girl problems.
3. more California. sweet.
4. upbeat blitzkrieg fun.
5. sweet, twirling.
6. why do I even bother with track by track?
7. because I care, that's why!
8. please baby, please!
9. I know I was mean, I played the asshole.
10. but baby, I've learned from my mistakes of being an asshole. oh baby...
11. PURR-FECT II: please, baby please....