|Various Artists / For Whom The Cowbell Tolls|
|Album:||For Whom The Cowbell Tolls||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Electric Cowbell Records|
|Add Date:||2014-03-21||Pull Date:||2014-05-23|
|Week Ending:||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr|
|1.||Jul 22, 2020:||Some Songs Without Words |
|4.||May 10, 2014:||Live Your Life |
|2.||May 19, 2014:||Porcelain Goldfish |
Latin Soul Stew (Kill Emil Remix)
|5.||May 10, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|3.||May 12, 2014:||Pumping Iron |
|6.||May 05, 2014:||Porcelain Goldfish |
Collection from a Brooklyn based record label, Electric Cowbell Records. Could be filed under world, or jazz, or general, but has heavy funky elements and songs, and of course, lots of cowbell. Featuring songs from Cheick Hamala Diabate, Audible Spy, etc. Very good. Something for everyone on this bad boy.|
Picks: 2, 3, *6*,8, 13, 14, 15
1. (2:33) Fast drums and shakers. I want to be around a fire, dancing.
*2. (3:31) Nice little upbeat instrumental groove on this one with claps, trumpets, and percussion.
*3. (5:23) Rocking ‘lectric guitar/ drums with fem Arabic vox.
4. (3:23) Reminds me slightly of RHCP’s Rollercoaster of Love. But with neat kazoo? English male vox.
5. (4:59) African (Mali) beat starts slow, and then speeds up with male vox and guitar!
**6. (4:27) Oooo dat funky midtempo instrumental stank. The hornZ! Dear god. A flute?! Funk heaven take me higher!!!
7. (3:14) Funky Take On Me instrumental cover. Merp.
*8. (2:35) Sexy, sultry bossa song with female Portuguese (?) lyrics. Mmmm.
9. (4:45) Song from Mali, Africa. Hand drums, male vox, nice ngoni. Horns.
10. (3:29) Stoned funk with big horns and some *light* psychelia
11. (3:19) Twinkling, chugging, faster track with big drums and distorted guitars.
12. (1:39) More of the last track, a bit more melancholic with more electronics
*13. (4:07) Fast, rushed jam with horns and nice break down. Very cool.
*14. (3:47) Slick little upbeat diddy with horns, shakers, and sass. Strong female vox.
*15. (3:18) I really like this one. Crooning male harmonies alongside cool electronics and burping bass.
16. (5:25) Midtemp beats with eerie synthesizer for a vampire/ creepy 80’s horror movie.
17. (3:34) Stoned and “minimalist” approach to funk… Merp.