|Haden Triplets, The / Haden Triplets, The|
|Album:||Haden Triplets, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Haden Triplets, The||Added:||02/2014|
|Label:||Third Man Records|
|Add Date:||2014-02-14||Pull Date:||2014-04-18|
|Week Ending:||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||23 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb||16 Feb|
|1.||Jun 11, 2016:||The Iron Skillet |
When I Stop Dreaming
|4.||Jul 12, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||May 07, 2016:||The Iron Skillet |
Memories Of Mother And Dad
|5.||May 30, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Sep 26, 2014:||The Songsmith Show Finale |
|6.||Apr 15, 2014:||That's Not Global Warming |
Voice From On High
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
In just a few short years, Jack White’s Third Man Records has built a most impressive roster of artists, including The Black Belles, Pokey LaFarge, Dex Romweber Duo, Tom Jones, Seasick Steve, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc...and, of course, Jack himself. And now The Haden Triplets. They are the great bassist Charlie Haden’s daughters and they are Tanya, Rachel and Petra. They harmonize on an album of rootsy songs by the likes of The Carter Family, The Louvin Brothers, Bill Monroe and more. Their voices are some of the most beautiful you’ll ever hear - tender and strong, easy and soaring, heavenly. The players are equally superb led by producer Ry Cooder on gtr and mando, his son Joachim on drums, Rene Camacho on bass and Ricky Skaggs playing mando on #2, 7 & 10. This stuff is absolutely sublime. Play any, all. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: Every one.
1. (3:37) Slow / Mid. Easy, carefree lilt.
2. (4:07) Mid. Galloping gait on this Carter Family classic.
3. (3:20) Mid. Beautifully soaring take.
4. (4:04) Mid. Bill Monroe song w/ fantastic playing.
5. (4:55) Slow / Mid. Strings imitating rain, bowed bass, tender vcls.
6. (3:32) Mid. Sublime harmonizing, steady easy beat.
7. (2:59) Slow / Mid. Louvin Brothers song, beautiful.
8. (3:27) Mid. Another L.B. song, lovely heartbreaker.
9. (1:35) Mid. Haunting metaphorical bee song.
10. (2:46) Mid. Galloping tender story-song.
11. (4:57) Slow. Stanley Brothers song, sparse w/ measured vcls.
12. (3:49) Slow / Mid. A cappella start then band, easy pace.
13. (2:40) Mid. Carter Family song. Upbeat gritty vibe.